Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yay or Nay too Menstrual Cups and Cloth Pads

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you use either?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 103

View Results

So my sister was telling me how her girlfriend uses Cloth Pads. So I looked them up and they snap to your undies like a regular pad. While on the website, I noticed that they also sell menstrual cups (I hope you can assume their purpose).

So would you ever use these products? 

For me this isn't an issue because I prefer tampons.

Here is the site to reference: 

http://www.sckoon.com/clothmenstrualpads.html

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:02 PM
No I would not.
CMama08
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Quoting LaughCryLive:

From what I have read (haven't bought any yet) you soak them in cold water until you wash them in regular wash.

Quoting CMama08:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

more sanitary than throwing out milions of non biodegrable bloody trash.

Quoting CMama08:

I ended up having to Google the cup because I've never heard of it LOL. It sounds odd but at the same time I read nothing but good things about it. I don't know if I would be brave enough to try them or cloth pads though. Are the pads pretty sanitary?

So do you wash them by hand? I am very curious to learn more hence all the questions =)

When we live in our own place I am seriously going to consider buying them. Thanks for your help! =)

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here. Although, I admit that I never liked tampons, so the cups just wouldn't be something I'd like anyway, I think.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I would use cloth pads, but I'm uncomfortable with the cups.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slashteddy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:14 PM
I'm not very crunchy, but I like them. I switched to the cup for financial reasons and I'll never go back. My periods used to be extremely painful and incapacitating; now I pretty much forget I'm even on a period. I aim to get a few cloth pads, too. Haven't entirely gotten the hang of the cup so there's minor leakage, and pretty much all store-bought pads leave me irritated. My bank account thanks me, lol.
Pnukey
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:31 PM

I don't even soak mine until I'm done. I put them on a soak cycle in the washer. After that, I wash them with baking soda. Then, I wash them with a load of laundry (usually the white load full of socks and underwear.) 

Quoting LaughCryLive:

From what I have read (haven't bought any yet) you soak them in cold water until you wash them in regular wash.

Quoting CMama08:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting CMama08:

I ended up having to Google the cup because I've never heard of it LOL. It sounds odd but at the same time I read nothing but good things about it. I don't know if I would be brave enough to try them or cloth pads though. Are the pads pretty sanitary?

So do you wash them by hand? I am very curious to learn more hence all the questions =)

Alyjane
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:37 PM
I prefer tampons.
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:38 PM

The only reason I haven't bought any pads yet, is I have Mirena and typically don't have a period. If there is anything, it's only bad enough to need a panty liner for two, maybe three, days.

Quoting celestegood: Same here. Although, I admit that I never liked tampons, so the cups just wouldn't be something I'd like anyway, I think.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I would use cloth pads, but I'm uncomfortable with the cups.

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Don't they stain that way?

Quoting Pnukey:

I don't even soak mine until I'm done. I put them on a soak cycle in the washer. After that, I wash them with baking soda. Then, I wash them with a load of laundry (usually the white load full of socks and underwear.) 

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting CMama08:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting CMama08:

skittleshawk
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:39 PM

i love my luna cup

Pnukey
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Yes, a little, but it doesn't bother me. Nobody sees it but me. I'd rather have a stain than a bucket full of wet pads. Imagine if it spilled! EEEK!

Quoting LaughCryLive: Don't they stain that way?

Quoting Pnukey:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting CMama08:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Quoting CMama08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)