Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yay or Nay too Menstrual Cups and Cloth Pads

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you use either?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 103

View Results

So my sister was telling me how her girlfriend uses Cloth Pads. So I looked them up and they snap to your undies like a regular pad. While on the website, I noticed that they also sell menstrual cups (I hope you can assume their purpose).

So would you ever use these products? 

For me this isn't an issue because I prefer tampons.

Here is the site to reference: 

http://www.sckoon.com/clothmenstrualpads.html

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Replies (81-84):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 5:35 PM

No to cloth pads.

I tried the cup, but given my anatomy it didn't work for me.  (Tilted uterus, conical cervix, short.) 

I use the sea sponges now.  Tampons and pads were a mess for me given the tilt.  Seemed I'd always end up leaking!  My OB suggested I try the cup or sponges. 

I started with the Diva cup and it didn't work out.  I wrote the company explaining my problems and they gave me a check for my money back!  They also said they were exploring ideas for more variety in the product to help women with certain issues enjoy the freedom of the cup.  I was impressed with their professionalism and how friendly it all was, and even though it didn't work for me I'd still suggest women explore the option.

Then I tried the sponges and they've been perfect.  No cramps, no leaking, no odor, no discomfort.  The drawback is you have to clean them yourself.  You rinse in warm water and hang to dry.  But I've never been squeamish about my blood.  How could I, when every month was a big mess to begin with!?  The best thing about the sponges is you cut them to fit your body and go from there.  They are highly absorbent, but I still change them every 6 hours like you would a tampon just because of bacteria concerns.

jeskaM
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:05 PM

not for me 

B_Hags86
by New Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I'm jumping on the bandwagon as it's been recommended to me to start using the SckoonCup! I'm going to order it this week. Seems like a good decision for myself and for the environment. A few friends told me not to do the Diva cup because they say it's too hard and uncomfortable. Never have thought of the reusable cloth pads, but might think about it.

AubryJ
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I used cloth pads postpartum after having my youngest but I haven't had a period since. I don't think I'd be ok using the menstraul cup though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)