Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Coupons

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:50 PM
  • 10 Replies

Does anyone here coupon? If so, where do you find all the savings? I'm not looking to be one of those crazy people you see on TV, just looking to save a little money. Any advice appreciated! 

by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I do!!I get most of my coupons in the paper.We have a free one that comes out on sat. that has the coupons.Also some dollar trees sell the papers (even sundays) for $1.Our walmart will pm other ads at their prices and on bogo's I can use 2 coupons.I love couponing.Tomorrow there are 5 inserts of coupons in the paper

AMom29
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I cut them out from the Sunday paper (the only day I subscribe for).  I also sign up for emails from all the stores and web sites that I frequent -- I sometimes get really good deals that way.

Kellogg's Family Rewards offers coupons on their products.  Groupon and Living Social deals work out well, too.  Sign up for Amazon Local -- sometimes they offer things like free Starbucks coupons.

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Www.krazycouponlady.com has an awesome beginners section and they do weekly match ups for you.
withsecond
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Online and the paper.
Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 2:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I coupon.............sunday paper, kouponlady.com, and you can just type in free coupons and pick the sites you want

mrs_patterson
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks ladies! I'm off to check out kouponlady.com right now... 

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I find my coupons on the internet. Also, I am signed up with my local groder's internet and get the weekly ad the night before its starts. Last year I saved over one thousand dollars in 12 months and I live alone and don't buy that much in groceries. Plus the store I go to Krogers has a point system for money off of gasoline at their stations. I also save a fortune on pet food and I have three dogs and five cats so that makes a big difference. If I can save over a thousand dollars think what a family of four or more could save. I don't buy any more than I need for the month. I'm not an extreme couponer that has stacks and stacks of groceries. Check the internet for coupons or put in the brand name you are looking for, such as Betty Crocker and add coupons to it and see what comes up.
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Tons on line and the sunday paper.  Coupon.com, Smartsource.com, couponnetwork.com, redplum.com

check out kouponkaren.com she lists tons of deals.

Want to guess what I do for a living.  LOL

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:00 PM
The problem is that the shows on couponing make it look super easy and like you are getting truckloads every week for pennies. In reality, most stores have stopped doubling coupons, coupons have limits ( usually 4 coupons per transaction) and several stores will not separate transactions.

However, I do coupon. I look through ads, check out clearance, carry my coupons all the time.

I do plan out my trips also, using ad matchups. Last week at Kroger, I purchased a twin pack of shaving cream, 2 bottles of mouthwash, & 2 bottles of conditioner. My out the door total was $2.12.

Next week, in kroger's ad, Colgate toothpaste is on sale for $1. There were coupons last week for $.50 off one, making a tube of toothpaste only $.50.

All laundry soap will be advertised at $2.49 each. Last week there were coupons in the paper for $3 off of two. Buy 2 @ 2.49 each, or $4.98 for both. Save $3 making it 1.98 for both it $.99 each! I got extra coupons last week, so I will be stocking up with 8 bottles of soap.

Don't expect to walk out with a truck load, look for these great deals, and stock up then. Sales and coupons are on a rotating schedule. So if you buy a little each week, you will get a good stockpile eventually.
lajenny3
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Following
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)