Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Should I let him fly alone from tx to mn?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

My oldest son who will.be seven this month has been having alot of behavior problems. Last night we were talking and he started crying saying he missed his teetee and cousins. My bff who is like a sister to me abd her kids. We moved from mn to tx three years ago and have been back to visit once last year. He asked me if he was really good could he go visit. I don't mind him visiting I trust my bff with my life. Its just that due to finances and work we would not all be able to go and I would have to send him by himself. I am terrified of airplanes and have flown twice in my life. He went once with me and his brother last year. I am a single mom so.I have no one.who could take.him and I don't have a car so the only option is for.him to.fly. im.just not sure if he.should at seven. According to the airline they can fly alone at five. His brother is.only four so he couldn't go. Any advice about sending a young child on a flight alone? Its three hours non stop. Is he too young? I want to do something to encourage him to behave. And this was his idea. Im.just not sure... help!
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Replies (21-21):
Pnukey
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I got as far as the fact that he is 7. Nothing else is relevant. 7 is way too young to travel alone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN