Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Newborn Congestion

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:01 AM
  • 6 Replies
My son is one month old and he's severely congested. I've tried just about all I can think of... I tried: running the shower for steam, saline sprays, breast milk, bulb suction (even bought a continuous nasal aspirator), I have a humidifier which is on 24/7, he practically sleeps sitting up and still we have no relief. Is there anything else I can do?
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BitterSweet619
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I would take him to the hospital, did you call an ask the doctor.
Luke8212013
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Is his breathing seem comfortable? Could be larengyealmalcia. Did you talk to his doctor about it?
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:31 PM
I would take to the ER.
WyattsMom1130
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:04 AM
I've had brought this issue up with his doctor even took him to the ER. I was told that all babies are faced with this issue and that he will grow out of this phase. But my son is still serenely congested and I'm exhausted from the late nights since it's hard for him to get decent rest.
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I agree with others, you should take him in, it could be something other than congestion.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:27 AM
My most recent son sounded congested until he was like 6 months old. Our pediatrician said in the last decade or so that he has seen it among newborns more and more.

Then, someone told me it is more common in babies that are not suctioned at birth and less and less babies are getting suctioned. My son was not suctioned.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN