Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have a question about who should be in the delivery room

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:25 PM
  • 109 Replies
My husband says it should just be me and him in the delivery room because if my mom was in there it would start a big fight between our families and I agree but I want my mom in there because she's the only blood family I have out here and this is her first grand baby and i want her in there for support for me. What do I do? Please help me decide
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dreamarrow
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would it start a fight between the families? Personally I would have my mom and maybe compromise on when/if she leaves
korra2013
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:29 PM
4 moms liked this
Why would it start a fight? Just my opinion but that's your mom. She will always be your mom whether you and him stay together or not. If you want her there he needs to be a man and deal with it. You are having the baby.
imyourPuppy
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
IDK what to say. My DH and my aunt was in a room with me. After 2hours of labor I didn't really care who was in the room anymore :-).
Bknotnobody
by Sadie on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:30 PM
4 moms liked this
Your birth your rules. You want your mom invite her. Don't let others dictate your birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:32 PM
3 moms liked this
If you want your mom in with you then your husbands family should respect that. If your husband wants it just to be the two of you then that is something the two of you should discuss more. It really doesn't matter if other family members are hurt or have an issue with it it is your child and your vagina on display.
crazymawmaw
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM

I beleive both grandmothers should be there.  Don't  worry about the  past.  If it's there fristgrand child, the moments are priceless.   

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:48 PM
You truly will not care who is in the room when you are in the throes of labor. So many random strangers will be checking the goods it will be welcomed to have a familiar face down there. Let both moms be there.... I never understand why this is a huge issue....

I watched my coworker of 2 months give birth by chance, even held her leg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linda92silva
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My boyfriend and mil were in the room with me. At first I just wAnted him in there because it's our first baby. After I got to the point where I was ready to push I didn't care who was in there. Ultimately it's your decision whether he likes it or not. Maybe ask him if he feels like she's going to step on his toes and take over? Maybe it's a jealousy thing along with the family being jealous!?? It's his child to and you should make decisions together. Maybe just have him in there first and mom on standby. It's possible he can change his mind after a few hours of labor. That way if he needs to step out for a minute or two she is there with you. The decision.should not be based off family being hurt it's not their kid and they will get over it. He needs to understand that whatever makes you comfortable is whats best. Who knows you might not want her in there when it all comes down to it. Mothers can be over bearing and try to take over without noticing.
Abistroud1
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I would personally want to have my mom there, that's a moment she can never get back.
IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Do what you feel is right for you. I know I'll have my dad, my stepmom, DHs mom and Dh will be there. Only 4 people are allowed in the room at delivery time =>
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN