Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How to find affordable housing and not having to move every 6 or 8 months

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

Hi ladies, my name is Terri and I am seeking to find a roommate with a child or 2 that is in a similar situation as myself. I'm extremely nervous about posting things but I've gotta start somewhere. Any suggestions please??
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
rahi2009
by New Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know where you live but it will be a good idea to look into subsidize housing or low income government apartments. Or section 8. Habitat for humanity helps build houses for families with low income. It all depends on your income. Private landlords and you can get utility included housing. Best of luck.
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

In Michigan we have a number for support and services. Call 211. Maybe your state has something like this?  They help locals with assistance on:

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Terrig19
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Thanks for your suggestions been to most of them but they tell me I'm not poor enough. I receive little alimony and some child support I now even have a job that only pays for medical insurance which in itself is pretty bad coverage. I don't wNt to give up my son but right now it seems to be the only way for him be stable and keep up his good grades. I love him so much and would rather die then be without him. California Bay Area doesn't offer much help to the mothers who deserve to raise their own children. No disrespect to anyone else but if I had drug or alcohol issue I could find help right away. Seems to be a backward system to me
Supernatural971
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Yea most housing in Ca is closed for 5-7 years it sucks we can't find housing so were stuck living with family for the time being.
withsecond
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no idea but good luck and I recommend background checks on anyone you decide to consider doing this with.
Terrig19
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:32 PM
I wish I had some family out here I could stay with if be feeling a whole lot safer that's for sure.

Quoting Supernatural971: Yea most housing in Ca is closed for 5-7 years it sucks we can't find housing so were stuck living with family for the time being.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)