Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ewwwwwwwww! Help!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:53 AM
  • 5 Replies
My mom got my son 3 mice for his bday. Anyone who has mice..... what do/can they eat???
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jadesmommy13
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:00 AM
Go to a pet store and they will tell you.
miss-karla
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:02 AM
Wat kind of person buys a pet for a present without some food... pet shop will tell u
AbbyTomsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:09 AM
Gross!!! But just Google it.
gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 5:56 AM

Walmart too has food special for mice as well as bedding and chew toys. Be careful as mice are biters, so watch little fingers. I did research a year ago about the different little pets. I was surprised that rats are actually better pets for children than mice. Gentler and less bitey. Im just thankful ds voted on the bunny instead. Good luck

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Make sure they're the same sex. Mice/rats (we had hooded white rats), don't get the "you're my sister/brother let's NOT mate" concept.

You can give them leftover veggies, like lettuce, carrots cut up small, stuff like that. I used to give things like that to the rats. Double check about fruits. I also never gave them meat. Ask about salt licks, and things for them to chew on for their teeth. Rats (I'm pretty sure mice are the same) teeth grow all the time, so they have to chew on hard things to keep the teeth from getting too long. 

I'm also pretty sure mice are social, they enjoy getting picked up. If they're like rats, they'll pee a bit when they're held, it's just how they are. The more comfortable the get with the scent of the person holding them, the less it'll happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)