Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

4 month old just starting rice cereal and baby food

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:18 PM
  • 20 Replies
Hi mommies! I'm a FTM and we're just starting rice cereal and then after that stage 1 baby foods. Just looking for any general tips or advice on how you first started with when, how much, etc. I know this is a pretty general question but i have zero experience so I'm sure any ideas would help. I'm thinking i may start my LO with rice cereal at morning and night and continue his formula throughout the day. Thoughts? Thanks so much!
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:21 PM
3 moms liked this
My tip is no baby food or that garbage rice cereal until six months.
Baby is way too young for solids!
zoenlandonsmom
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:23 PM
I agree babies tech don't need any thing other than breastmilk or formula for the first year

When you do start baby food start only one new food a week

Quoting pinkiebabii: My tip is no baby food or that garbage rice cereal until six months.

Baby is way too young for solids!
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:35 PM

No food until 6 months and no rice cereal in a bottle ever, it's a chocking hazard. Rice cereal in general is junk for babies. Just feed your baby formula, they don't need anything else that this point.

littlepinkrose
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:39 PM

No cereal until at least six months I say.  Also, really your baby does not need much except breast milk or formula for the first year.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:51 PM

definately continue the formula... they will not eat enough food to sustain them at this age. it is more about them tasting and trying the food the formula is still their main source of nutrition until about a year. be prepared for you and them to wear as much food as actually gets inside of your baby. veggies first or so I'm told otherwise they will only like the sweet fruit.

indymom72
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:54 PM

My best advice,as a mommy of three, is to trust your instincts.  They are usually right.  Only introduce one new thing at a time, and enjoy every second.  It goes by so very fast!! :)

gregheather
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:54 PM

No food until 6 months and no rice cereal ever - it is just garbage.

MommynMonster
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Nothing but milk until they are at least 6 months old. You're risking food allergies.
WorkinMommy831
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Thanks all for the advice.
waytomanykids10
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM
None of my kids start solids until they can sit on their own and can pick up food with their fingers. They all were around 8-10 months old. My 10 month old is strictly on a liquid diet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN