Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Name to old fashioned?? *Edit* Have you named your child after a loved one?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM
  • 99 Replies
3 moms liked this

What do you think of the name Lyle?

We are expecting boy #3. Lyle was my husbands grandfathers name who passed away about two years ago.  What do you think of older fashioned names?? We havent decided on this name for sure and don't really have middles picked out.

*Edit*  Ok, so naming your baby after a loved one. Whats it like, do you always think of the loved one when you use the name or when you look at your baby do you think of them? I like the idea of using his grandpas name, but I don't want to constantly be thinking about Grandpa when I am talking to my son? KWIM?

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
masesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:59 PM

bump?

mamahufferd
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:00 PM
I like it! :) but I'm a sucker for old names! my grandpas first name is Thurl.
TheSilence
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Lyle is cute! Not too old fashioned at all.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:00 PM
If you like it, use it! Lots of "old" names are coming back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Dont care for it.but its your baby.my oldest's middle name is leonard and he HATES it.
CrashMommy
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I think "old fashion" names are making a huge come back. I love the name Lyle, not to mention I have always wanted my children to have names that no one else had. My name is Martha and although it sounds "old" I kind of liked not being in the sea of courtneys and brittanys and not on the outskirts with the La-as (pronounced Ladasha)

masesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Does he go by Leo? I like leo, but not so much leonard, I always want to sound it out when I read it.

Quoting 0907: Dont care for it.but its your baby.my oldest's middle name is leonard and he HATES it.

masesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:06 PM

It seems like they really are! My husbands great grandfather is named Gustav so we considered Gus, but a somewhat close friend named their little boy Gus, so that would have been kind of wierd. Their other son is named Louie. I love those names!

Quoting coolmommy2x: If you like it, use it! Lots of "old" names are coming back.

indymom72
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:07 PM

I love it.  I have a friend that named her son Nixon, I love that one too.

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:07 PM
No his name is Zachary Leonard.I always call the other two by their middle names when in trouble.poor zach just gets his first and last name called.lol

Quoting masesmom:

Does he go by Leo? I like leo, but not so much leonard, I always want to sound it out when I read it.

Quoting 0907: Dont care for it.but its your baby.my oldest's middle name is leonard and he HATES it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)