Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Name to old fashioned?? *Edit* Have you named your child after a loved one?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you think of the name Lyle?

We are expecting boy #3. Lyle was my husbands grandfathers name who passed away about two years ago.  What do you think of older fashioned names?? We havent decided on this name for sure and don't really have middles picked out.

*Edit*  Ok, so naming your baby after a loved one. Whats it like, do you always think of the loved one when you use the name or when you look at your baby do you think of them? I like the idea of using his grandpas name, but I don't want to constantly be thinking about Grandpa when I am talking to my son? KWIM?

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:08 PM
My brother is Ben (Benjamin) and I never knew anyone else with that name (he's 43). Now I know 4 kids named Ben. Henry is getting popular too. My friend named her son Henry Benjamin. LOL!
Quoting masesmom:

It seems like they really are! My husbands great grandfather is named Gustav so we considered Gus, but a somewhat close friend named their little boy Gus, so that would have been kind of wierd. Their other son is named Louie. I love those names!

Quoting coolmommy2x: If you like it, use it! Lots of "old" names are coming back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Hey ladies just think one day our name will be old fashion! I havent meet any grandmaw jessicas yet.lol
masesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohh I like that, however our oldest is named Mason. LOL Mason and Nixon ;) Sounds to much like Mason Dixon

Quoting indymom72:

I love it.  I have a friend that named her son Nixon, I love that one too.

indymom72
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:13 PM

My first sons name is Van, not short for anything, just Van.  When I looked it up I guess it was popular back in  1910. :)  I love it, and it suits his sassy ass!!

Quoting masesmom:

Ohh I like that, however our oldest is named Mason. LOL Mason and Nixon ;) Sounds to much like Mason Dixon

Quoting indymom72:

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Both my kids have middle names for loved ones, and I don't have that issue but then again, they are all still living so.... I don't know. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:21 PM

I like Van too! I have never heard it.

Quoting indymom72:

My first sons name is Van, not short for anything, just Van.  When I looked it up I guess it was popular back in  1910. :)  I love it, and it suits his sassy ass!!

Quoting masesmom:

Quoting indymom72:

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:32 PM

my kids are all named for someone... family mostly though my older daughter is named for a childhood friend who died. no it isn't an issue  some times I think of them but it isn't constant and when it does it is more of a pleasent little nudge then anything else.

lisa601
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:41 PM
My DH was named after his grandfather for his first name but goes by his middle name. Everytime I see his first name on bills/medical stuff I think of his grandfather.
nikkikry
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:53 PM

I love the name :)

I wanted our first DD's name to be Rosalie after my great great grandma, but no one liked it and I stupidly gave in to pressure. Her middle name is Rose though as a compromise.

DD 2's name is Cecilia Maureen. Maureen is my grandma's middle name, but it's the name she goes by. She's still alive so I don't know how I'll feel when she passes on as we're very close. I hope it doesn't bring up pain for me in the future.

ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:53 PM
I like it! Dds middle name is Louise, which is my great grandmas middle name :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN