Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Name to old fashioned?? *Edit* Have you named your child after a loved one?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you think of the name Lyle?

We are expecting boy #3. Lyle was my husbands grandfathers name who passed away about two years ago.  What do you think of older fashioned names?? We havent decided on this name for sure and don't really have middles picked out.

*Edit*  Ok, so naming your baby after a loved one. Whats it like, do you always think of the loved one when you use the name or when you look at your baby do you think of them? I like the idea of using his grandpas name, but I don't want to constantly be thinking about Grandpa when I am talking to my son? KWIM?

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sparkler16
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Both of my girls are named after family members or at least inspired by. My oldest is Gabriella Nicolette because DH grandmother was Nicoletta. My youngest is Alexa Valentina because my grandmother was Alessandra. Which is the Italian version of Alexandra so Alexa is a variation and my grandfathers pet name for her was Mia Valentina, my love, my valentine so that's where I chose Valentina as a middle name. Dh grandfather was Gian Luca and my other grandmother Rosalie so if we had another girl she would be Lucia Rosalie
LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Don't like it
AbbyTomsmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:08 AM
I love it. We are using Elizabeth Rose after both of our grandmothers.
Sparkler16
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:09 AM
My grandmother was Rosalie and we'll use it as a middle name if we have another girl.

Quoting nikkikry:

I love the name :)

I wanted our first DD's name to be Rosalie after my great great grandma, but no one liked it and I stupidly gave in to pressure. Her middle name is Rose though as a compromise.

DD 2's name is Cecilia Maureen. Maureen is my grandma's middle name, but it's the name she goes by. She's still alive so I don't know how I'll feel when she passes on as we're very close. I hope it doesn't bring up pain for me in the future.

masesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM

My middle name is Louise! I hoped someday we would have a girl and we could use it, but 3 boys later....doesn't look to promising :)

Quoting ProudMommaBear: I like it! Dds middle name is Louise, which is my great grandmas middle name :)

masesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I live the nam Mia, actually all those names are beautiful! Most of the girls names in our families are kinda blach......like Gurtrud. LOL

Quoting Sparkler16: Both of my girls are named after family members or at least inspired by. My oldest is Gabriella Nicolette because DH grandmother was Nicoletta. My youngest is Alexa Valentina because my grandmother was Alessandra. Which is the Italian version of Alexandra so Alexa is a variation and my grandfathers pet name for her was Mia Valentina, my love, my valentine so that's where I chose Valentina as a middle name. Dh grandfather was Gian Luca and my other grandmother Rosalie so if we had another girl she would be Lucia Rosalie

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:16 AM

I gave dd 2 middle names.  2 aunts.  Diana and Madeline.  Both are strong women who overcame obstacles in their life and i hope that the strength can pass to dd.  One is still alive and she overcame polio despite all the pain she feels to this day nearly 60 years later.   The other passed away before i moved out here and she was an army nurse back during WWII  if i remember right.  She was a great influence on my growing up.

ProudMommaBear
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:17 AM
That's the first time I've talked to someone else with the middle name Louise! That's so awesome :)
Quoting masesmom:

My middle name is Louise! I hoped someday we would have a girl and we could use it, but 3 boys later....doesn't look to promising :)

Quoting ProudMommaBear: I like it! Dds middle name is Louise, which is my great grandmas middle name :)

Sparkler16
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM
All Italian names.

Quoting masesmom:

I live the nam Mia, actually all those names are beautiful! Most of the girls names in our families are kinda blach......like Gurtrud. LOL

Quoting Sparkler16: Both of my girls are named after family members or at least inspired by. My oldest is Gabriella Nicolette because DH grandmother was Nicoletta. My youngest is Alexa Valentina because my grandmother was Alessandra. Which is the Italian version of Alexandra so Alexa is a variation and my grandfathers pet name for her was Mia Valentina, my love, my valentine so that's where I chose Valentina as a middle name. Dh grandfather was Gian Luca and my other grandmother Rosalie so if we had another girl she would be Lucia Rosalie

LeKendria
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 5:00 AM
Both my boys are named after family members. Oddly my oldest son does act somewhat like my brother. However, im not constantly thinking about it. My youngest son doesnt act like who he is named after. My daughter is still brewing but, she is named after my sil, (who is unable to conceive) her name is Amelia. She is also named after my mom, Anne. As you see, they are both older names but, the hubby and i love them even in our young age.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)