Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Name to old fashioned?? *Edit* Have you named your child after a loved one?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you think of the name Lyle?

We are expecting boy #3. Lyle was my husbands grandfathers name who passed away about two years ago.  What do you think of older fashioned names?? We havent decided on this name for sure and don't really have middles picked out.

*Edit*  Ok, so naming your baby after a loved one. Whats it like, do you always think of the loved one when you use the name or when you look at your baby do you think of them? I like the idea of using his grandpas name, but I don't want to constantly be thinking about Grandpa when I am talking to my son? KWIM?

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Our oldest dd is named after 3 of her GMs....Dh's GGM- Lillian ( she died many years ago-before Dh was born actually), my mother and my MIL. My mother's name is Linda and my MIL's middle name is Lynn, so we used Lin for her middle name as it is the Chinese version of Lynn. 

I don't think of anyone but Lilly when we look at her and speak with her. She may be named after them, but she is definitely her own person. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

evemomoftwo
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:22 AM
I like it. My dad name me after his mom. She passed away when i was 11. Mine is evelyn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Mobile Photo

Arlo Crysler after my dad. No I dont always think of my dad.
MethuenMom
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:38 AM

My sons middle name is after my grandfathers last name before my grandfather was adopted (Riley).  My daughter has a old fashion name (Camille). 

My mother gave me great advice.  Your child doesn't want to be spelling their name for their entire life so keep it simple.  Little did she know there is about 5 different ways to spell my name!  LOL

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 7, 2014 at 7:41 AM
My girls are Sarah Elizabeth and Alexis Christine. Sarah is named after my best friend (who is also her God mother) and her middle name is my middle name and a family name. Lexi's middle name is my MIL's middle name, too.

If we ever have a boy, he'll be Wesley Charles after my brother and my Grandpa.

I love the name Lyle!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I have never heard anyone else with the name either, well besides my Grandmas middle name. My mom and sisters middle name is Lorraine, which I love too.

Quoting ProudMommaBear: That's the first time I've talked to someone else with the middle name Louise! That's so awesome :)
Quoting masesmom:

My middle name is Louise! I hoped someday we would have a girl and we could use it, but 3 boys later....doesn't look to promising :)

Quoting ProudMommaBear: I like it! Dds middle name is Louise, which is my great grandmas middle name :)

masesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Beautiful name! My first name is Eva, people ask if my name is Evalyn all the time. Do you go by Eve?

Quoting evemomoftwo: I like it. My dad name me after his mom. She passed away when i was 11. Mine is evelyn.

border7305
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I like it! I like country names, 26 yrs ago Tyler was not heard of that often and that was 1 of 4 country names I had picked out. He has his Grandpas and dads middle name. If that is what you and your SO love I would go with you Heart. :):)
vic270
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:26 PM

my son and daughter in law went to my ex husbands family cemetary and found the name nolie mae after my ex husbands aunt. i kept looking at my beautiful little granddaughter and could not see a nolie mae. now she is 18 months old and i can't think of anything that would suit her any more. i grew to love the name

evemomoftwo
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Quoting masesmom:

Beautiful name! My first name is Eva, people ask if my name is Evalyn all the time. Do you go by Eve?

Quoting evemomoftwo: I like it. My dad name me after his mom. She passed away when i was 11. Mine is evelyn.

Sometimes. The name Lyle is cute. I like older names. My dd is Leona and my ds is Nikolai.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN