Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Name to old fashioned?? *Edit* Have you named your child after a loved one?

Posted by   + Show Post

What do you think of the name Lyle?

We are expecting boy #3. Lyle was my husbands grandfathers name who passed away about two years ago.  What do you think of older fashioned names?? We havent decided on this name for sure and don't really have middles picked out.

*Edit*  Ok, so naming your baby after a loved one. Whats it like, do you always think of the loved one when you use the name or when you look at your baby do you think of them? I like the idea of using his grandpas name, but I don't want to constantly be thinking about Grandpa when I am talking to my son? KWIM?

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 7, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I like it.

My kids' middle names are from loved ones, but not their first.

masesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:11 PM

OMG! Leona was on the top of our girls list, after my grandmothers aunt, That is so funny :) Then we had to erase the girl list....haha  I also really like Nikolai, I have only met one other person with that name.

Quoting evemomoftwo:

Quoting masesmom:

Beautiful name! My first name is Eva, people ask if my name is Evalyn all the time. Do you go by Eve?

Quoting evemomoftwo: I like it. My dad name me after his mom. She passed away when i was 11. Mine is evelyn.

Sometimes. The name Lyle is cute. I like older names. My dd is Leona and my ds is Nikolai.

Bertha21
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 3:12 PM
That is cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maryBlanche
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Quoting masesmom:

It seems like they really are! My husbands great grandfather is named Gustav so we considered Gus, but a somewhat close friend named their little boy Gus, so that would have been kind of wierd. Their other son is named Louie. I love those names!

Quoting coolmommy2x: If you like it, use it! Lots of "old" names are coming back.

maryBlanche
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Quoting maryBlanche:

Quoting masesmom:

It seems like they really are! My husbands great grandfather is named Gustav so we considered Gus, but a somewhat close friend named their little boy Gus, so that would have been kind of wierd. Their other son is named Louie. I love those names!

Quoting coolmommy2x: If you like it, use it! Lots of "old" names are coming back.

Funny, but both our english bulldogs were named Gus and Louie.  I don't mind Lyle at all. Has a nice flow to it.

WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:04 PM

My daughter's name is Hudsyn. She is named after my grandmother and Hudson is her maiden name. Her middle name is Camille. The 'mil" part is after my mom. Lol.. her name is Mildred but she didn't want me to use her whole name but wanted the baby to be named after her too.

lightning918
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:46 PM

I like Lyle. If you're worried that you'll always think of grandpa when you say his name then use it as a middle name. My dd had a 1/2 sister who died before my dd was born. Their father wanted to honor his first daughter by giving dd her middle name as a first, but I wasn't ok with that so we picked a different first name then a similar middle name. Instead of Joy we used Joyelle.

ilovemykids323
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:56 PM

my kids middle names are after loved ones but i would never use those as there first names. too weird for me

vickiw89
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:01 PM
My son is named after his grandfathers Karl Arthur - Karl being my father (who is still alive but suffers from multiple sclerosis) and Arthur is hubby's dad's name and brothers name (hubby's dad passed away when he was 9). And our daughter Sophie's middle name is Louise after hubby's ex-SIL who helped raise him after his mum passed away when he was 16. - hubby had a bad run with his parents passing young :-(
MockingJay
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:04 PM

I used Gordon, my grandfathers name, for my sons middle name. I love it! I love honoring him, and how it goes with my sons whole name. It make me think of my granddad, but my son still has his own identity. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN