Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OMG...Been poisining myself and not knowing it..

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:50 AM
  • 58 Replies
2 moms liked this

for the past 4 months i have been on medical leave from work.headaches, seizures, joint pains, depression, etc. i have had every test known done cant find anything. finally after showing my dr. an article that someone sent me she spoke to pathology and found my problem. Aspertame poisining... i drink alot of diet soda. i have been off of it for 8 days and feel like a new person. if you use anything with sweetner please check for aspertame. google the info. you wont beleive it. even children with ADD and ADHD has calmed down and changed after removing from diet...i bet some of you have it and dont know it.it is also in gatorade,sweetners

PLEASE GOOGLE IT..... ASPERTAME POISINING..

by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma2013
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:52 AM

You should start checking all of your food, you'd be amazed at the crap you eat. Or how about what you feed your kids? Fruit snacks, chips, anything with a bright color that doesn't grow outside pretty much.... 

lizzy-k
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 10:55 AM

we are usually pretty healthy and wise about stuff but didnt know at this would happen.

Zoiksandaway
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM
8 moms liked this
I? can taste aspartame and have hated anything diet or sugar free since fake sugar first hit the market. Can no one else taste that funky aftertaste? I never understood how anyone could bear it.
Lexa_Lee
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep! It gave my aunt MS like symptoms. She was diagnosed b with MS and treated for years. She stopped with he diet coke and everything got better. You need to check what you're eating. It's easy for it to be in other foods. Sugar Free and fat free are the worst. Other artifical sugars can be a cause in conjunction with the aspartame. I tell my clients that it's better to have a regular soda a couple times a week than a diet one every day.
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I'm the same way. I'd rather have real sugar in small amounts, can't stand that aftertaste.

Quoting Zoiksandaway: I? can taste aspartame and have hated anything diet or sugar free since fake sugar first hit the market. Can no one else taste that funky aftertaste? I never understood how anyone could bear it.

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Same for me. I can't handle the aftertaste of any artificial sweeteners.

Quoting Zoiksandaway: I? can taste aspartame and have hated anything diet or sugar free since fake sugar first hit the market. Can no one else taste that funky aftertaste? I never understood how anyone could bear it.
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I don't have an issue with it.  It is in my yogurt and most of my drinks. 

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Other than water and milk, I can't stand any drink that doesn't have it.  Crystal light, Diet soda, flavored waters, my yogurt too. 

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I can. It makes me sick if I have foods with it in it. I am sad to see so many gum companies turn to artificial sweeteners in their gum. I do not give that crap to my family.

twinners.mama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Yup me too!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)