Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Looking to move to a different state.

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello! My husband and I are looking to move to a different state.. Defiantly in a warmer area! But I don't know where to start.. Of course the schools have to be great our oldest will be starting kindergarten and somewhere that isn't going to be so hard to find a job considering my husband has a good job here. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thank you! 

by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ramita
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:36 PM
What type of work does he do? Would you guys want to live in a more country setting or a city setting? How far south are you willing to go? What state are you in now? Do you want a similar atmosphere or something completely different?
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I've never moved out of state but I would start by looking at job opportunities in the states you are most interested in.

Good luck!

maryhen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 11:58 PM

I´ve moved sooo many times, its been a while since the last one (my parents got us a house) though I keep on taking long trips to different countries and cities. 

So, first since you are moving out because of the weather then narrow down the list to your weather preferences, pick 10 cities, then go over your budget and the living cost in those cities, narrow it down to what you can afford, then jobs and get rid of those cities without possible jobs, once youve done that keep 3 cities, look for jobs online, if you cant afford moving without a job then wait until you find a job and whichever pays more or seems more convenient according to your "new life" 

If you can afford not having a job for 3 months tops then go back to your list and out of those three cities pick one, you could then base that decision on education and school options, there you go, youve found your new city. 

Then comes the hard work, find a home, a job, school, pack...move..tell your family

good luck!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Where do you live now?  What would you consider to be a warmer climate?

MyKidsMyLife3
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Jobs and schools are a main concern for us of course. We live in Illinois, right now... Not to worried about a big change that's what we are looking for! Id like to have a lot of fun things to do with my kids where we live now there is not a lot to do.. Iv been searching different states trying to pick a few and go from there! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)