Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you have a loud child?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:57 PM
  • 108 Replies
3 moms liked this

My poor Keaton...as cute as a button, but has to be so loud no matter what he's doing.

Walking through the house=loud

Talking=loud

Poor child even sleeps loud. It gets on my nerves sooo bad, but I really just don't think he realizes he's doing it. He's always making some kind of noise...always.

Anyway, he was brusing his teeth this morning and started laughing. I don't know what was so funny, but he was so loud not only could I hear him from the kitchen, I could an echo. It ended up waking the baby and from then until 8:47 when the bus came and picked up my boys it was pure chaos.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Today at 11:47 AM
by Trica on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM

LOL

11yo DS CJ can be loud! *sigh*

My daughter hates it! lol She always yells "Stop yelling CJ!"

angeleyes16
by Danielle on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM

My two year old is loud also! We actually are about to move, because we can't live in the apartment we live in now, because of his noise level. =( 

Joanie364
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been blessed with my children. I wouldn't say they were loud but my middle child was a heavy walker. You could hear her coming from any direction. My neighbor has a loud child. He screams at us just to tell us something. I don't think he realizes it either. I would start by suggesting this to his doctor. Maybe there is a hearing issure going on? Maybe turn whistpering into a game. That's what I do when I go next door. We whistper and we say things like getting a cookie in the middle of what we are trying to talk about. If he is quiet and hears cookie he is more willing to use his inside voice. When he wanted to throw his toys over the fence in the yard, I found something he could throw over the fence. Now we throw pine cones over the fence, not the toys. He is 3 so progress is slow. Cute he is but all boy and rough and tough.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Chrissy was telling them, "Stop!" "SIT DOWN!" "HUSH!"...she's 16 months old.

Granted, my loud kid wasn't 100% the cause of chaos. Because Colton loves to pick on him because that makes him even louder.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

LOL

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Oh no :(

I seriously hope they grow out of it. Keaton seems to have grown into though. He used to be so quiet and shy.

Quoting angeleyes16:

My two year old is loud also! We actually are about to move, because we can't live in the apartment we live in now, because of his noise level. =( 

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:18 PM

He's the same with walking.

I know he can hear fine, and he talks normal. But he's just constantly making noise. Whistling, singing, humming, snoring, walking. The only thing really overly loud is is laugh, or when he's REALLY upset.

Quoting Joanie364:

I have been blessed with my children. I wouldn't say they were loud but my middle child was a heavy walker. You could hear her coming from any direction. My neighbor has a loud child. He screams at us just to tell us something. I don't think he realizes it either. I would start by suggesting this to his doctor. Maybe there is a hearing issure going on? Maybe turn whistpering into a game. That's what I do when I go next door. We whistper and we say things like getting a cookie in the middle of what we are trying to talk about. If he is quiet and hears cookie he is more willing to use his inside voice. When he wanted to throw his toys over the fence in the yard, I found something he could throw over the fence. Now we throw pine cones over the fence, not the toys. He is 3 so progress is slow. Cute he is but all boy and rough and tough.

Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Today at 11:47 AM
by Trica on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:23 PM
LOL funny! But I have "C's" in my house too!
Christopher
Christina
Christian aka CJ

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Chrissy was telling them, "Stop!" "SIT DOWN!" "HUSH!"...she's 16 months old.

Granted, my loud kid wasn't 100% the cause of chaos. Because Colton loves to pick on him because that makes him even louder.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

LOL

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine all have the "C" sound...but one is a K :)

Colton

Keaton

Christlynn

Quoting Hottmomma607: LOL funny! But I have "C's" in my house too!
Christopher
Christina
Christian aka CJ

gangof6
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:40 PM

My DD is very loud. Infact i had her hearing checked because she's so loud. Her hearing is fine, she's just a loud little girl :) 

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:44 PM

I haven't had his hearing checked since birth. But he hears fine....I've never been worried about that. He talks in a normal tone, but is just always making some kind of noise.

Quoting gangof6:

My DD is very loud. Infact i had her hearing checked because she's so loud. Her hearing is fine, she's just a loud little girl :) 

Mommy to Colton, Keaton, and Christlynn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)