Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting baby to sleep at night

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 3 month old son just started sleeping in his crib, however, he is still waking up every 2 hrs no matter how much he eats.  I know this is normal for babies this age, but when he was about 6 wks he was sleeping 6hrs a night.  At some point last month he started to wake more often, now it is every 2hrs and almost exactly the same times.  I thought it was because he wanted more food, but he would drink 1oz.-4oz. at a time during the night.  He seems to be going in the wrond direction.  Any suggestions to get him to sleep longer?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
falconchick9
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:35 PM
My daughter is the same age. To get her to sleep all night this is what we do. Give a bottle at 5 then At 8'its bath time ,playtime then at 9 she gets a 6oz bottle and sleeps all night. Usually wakes up anywhere from 5-7 for a bottle
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:37 PM

I'm going to say it may be a growth spurt. Could be teething, could be a little of both.

They'll go through stages of sleeping all night then not.

MrsMommy123
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Thanks ladies! I'll give it a shot and be patient.  He is definately starting to show signs of teething and I'll see if he would eat a little more before bed(we also have a similar routine). It seems like every week is different when it comes to babies. 

krystalmaye2429
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:03 PM

My son slept through the night when he was anewborn and now at 15 months tends to wake up periodically throughout the night. I just get him a drink of even reposition him and he usually falls right back to sleep. At 3 months though I agree that it could be a growth spurt or teething. Where he used to sleep did he have any kind of noise, like a TV, fan etc? Maybe some kind of mobile that plays soothing sounds would help if he is used to noise, or if he isn't and there is a noise now that could be the problem.   Hang in there momma!!

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I was thinking both of these things too.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I'm going to say it may be a growth spurt. Could be teething, could be a little of both.

They'll go through stages of sleeping all night then not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)