Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

DS and My Little Pony!! LOL

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:00 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

My Ds for the LONGEST time had an issue with watching My Little Pony: Friendship is magic, when it was my nieces turn to watch what she wanted before bed... He would ATTEMPT to throw a fit about it but He either watched it, did something else or went to bed... Period! If it was her turn he didn't get a choice, and Visa vera.

He eventually started to like it and this last weekend My Niece went home :( but today on the HUB they had a MLP:FIM Marathon and he got so FREAKING excited!!! He isn't allowed to watch a lot of tv during the day but I did record them for him so he could watch a couple a day or his one show before bed if he so chose, well ALL he has chosen to watch today is that! LMAO He cracks me up running around singing the MLP theme and asking if its ok for him to watch it!

Well his friend, Kingston, from next door came over today and Told him that it is a girls show... That they should watch Spiderman or batman... DS said ok and they watched Batman instead... but as soon as His friend left and he was allowed his 2nd 1/2 hr of tv he still chose MLP... I'm so happy he doesn't think its just a girls show or he doesn't care, either way it makes me smile!! He also loves Cars, Spiderman, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Batman!! LOL But he loves MLP and The littlest Pet shop too!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dominatrix250
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
It is a trend for young men to watch MLP. My 17 y/o DS is a 'Bronie'. He just likes MLP. My sister is a counsellor and said she has seen a lot of teens that are 'Bronies'. It's been a trend for several years now. DS could be into worse things....
indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Yeah he totally could be, Like his obsession with Gangnam style and its Parodies!! LOL THAT I could live without!!! And THAT IS what "BRONIES" Means!!! LOL One of my friends said that but I just didn't get it!

Quoting dominatrix250: It is a trend for young men to watch MLP. My 17 y/o DS is a 'Bronie'. He just likes MLP. My sister is a counsellor and said she has seen a lot of teens that are 'Bronies'. It's been a trend for several years now. DS could be into worse things....

CafeMom Tickers
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:09 AM

Eh  I think it is fine.  Grandson will watch it with dd if she gets to choose what program goes on tv.  There are male characters on it and such.  I prefer the original series and we borrow those from library.

imafuswb
by ★Rainbow Brite★ on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:12 AM
Both my boys (7 & 4) watch and love MLP:FiM. :-D
indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Oh I think its fine too... I just thought it was funny coz he had SUCH an issue with it and NOW its his favorite show!! LOL

Quoting frndlyfn:

Eh  I think it is fine.  Grandson will watch it with dd if she gets to choose what program goes on tv.  There are male characters on it and such.  I prefer the original series and we borrow those from library.

CafeMom Tickers
1QuirkysingleMa
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:12 AM
2 moms liked this

My son loves MLP. He will just tell others that there is no such thing as boy or girl shows , and watch what he wants.

raven1114
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:19 AM

LOL! My son is 12 and he's a 'Bronie' some of the other boys in he's grade are as well.

Quoting dominatrix250: It is a trend for young men to watch MLP. My 17 y/o DS is a 'Bronie'. He just likes MLP. My sister is a counsellor and said she has seen a lot of teens that are 'Bronies'. It's been a trend for several years now. DS could be into worse things....

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:21 AM

My 6 year old ds  and 2 year old dd are obsessed with that show. LOL It's pretty funny.

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I was trying to find a mlp shirt for my friend, and ended up getting a mens because all i could find was toddler/little girl and mens. no womens. LOL underwear too.

ksyberg
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Do an internet search on Brony-- I am concerned with my teenager getting involved in this. Open door for grown men to capture the attention of our kids.  

The concept seems so wrong and creepy to me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN