Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Surprising Baby Names on the Rise

Posted by   + Show Post

A local news station put this on their website. It's a slide so, so I'll type the names out. If you want to see the slide show, click here.

Asa

Blaise

Blythe

Calliope

Celia

Elise

Neve

Flora

Helena

Magnolia

Magnus

Seth

Azalea

Vincent

Knox

Louis

Persephone

Reed

Ronan

Sasha

Valentina

Thoughts? Any you like? Know anyone by these names?

by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Replies (131-134):
zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:03 PM

I don't mention it online as I was a victim some years back of internet bullying. (This person went so far as attempted to have me fired at my job by sending untrue hatemail to my boss - my principal!) This is a pendenome for a reason. (I also don't want my students to find me. I have a right to a private life and my students DO look for me online. THey've found my storage unit and the rare trace here and there. And under this name and one other, I write fanfiction/erotica. SOOOO don't need them to find it!!! )

So let's just say it's not only original and unique - but it 'looks' misspelled because my mom was still under anesthia when she spelled it for the birth certificate. 

Quoting JrsMommy07:

Awesome.. what is your name? now im curious

Quoting zeesmuse:

Well I'm the only person in the world with my name.

Yes it is. I've looked. 

KMAsMommy9182
by Toujours Raison on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't like most of those.

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Understandable!

A friend of mine and her mother spent the first 20 years of her life spelling her name Crystal....only to find out when she finally decided to get her driver's license that on her SS card and birth certificate it's Crystel...lol. Her mom wanted it Crystal, but was still loopy from the birth that she spelled it Crystel on the paperwork. I don't know how they didn't notice it when they registered her for school at 5, but the school system didn't catch it either.

Quoting zeesmuse:

I don't mention it online as I was a victim some years back of internet bullying. (This person went so far as attempted to have me fired at my job by sending untrue hatemail to my boss - my principal!) This is a pendenome for a reason. (I also don't want my students to find me. I have a right to a private life and my students DO look for me online. THey've found my storage unit and the rare trace here and there. And under this name and one other, I write fanfiction/erotica. SOOOO don't need them to find it!!! )

So let's just say it's not only original and unique - but it 'looks' misspelled because my mom was still under anesthia when she spelled it for the birth certificate. 

Quoting JrsMommy07:

Awesome.. what is your name? now im curious

Quoting zeesmuse:

Well I'm the only person in the world with my name.

Yes it is. I've looked. 

april678
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Went to school with someone named Louis, and I know of 2 boys named Vincent
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)