Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you think about e-cigarettes

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM
  • 10 Replies

Whats your thoughts of e-cigarettes? Have you tried them?

by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeremiahJackson
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM
It's a fad, I feel that in about 5 years there will be a class action lawsuit against E cigs. I'm sure they're healthier than real cigarettes!
ShanMarie85
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:57 AM
They helped my mil and fill quit smoking.
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:58 AM
I've heard they're a good tool for smoking cessation. A lot of people don't even intend to quit smoking when they start using ecigs and end up doing it anyway.
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:58 AM
I personally don't like the ones you can purchase at Walgreens and cvs. I however don't mind the vapors that are big right now. My husband has one and has been slowly stepping down on the nicotine amount he uses. His goal is to stop by the end of the year. He does breath better and feels better since switching. I have a feeling though once the FDA gets their hands on them they will have a major tax increase and many will stop using them and go back to cigarets.
heathers164
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Prefer the real thing ;)
rona503
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:40 AM

My hubby used one  to quit smoking and it worked but i heard people getting sick from some of them .so i dont know if it is really worth the risk .

amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Hubs uses one not to quit smoking but to not have the smoke around the kids and me. And to be able to smoke in the house without it smelling up the place.
Karla1948
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 1:22 PM

In addition to being a lifelong cigarette smoker, I've been vaping E-cigarettes for a little over a year now.

I vape the Blu Premium 100, which is no substitute for the real thing, but vaping has helped me cut back from 30+ cigarettes a day to 20 a day. They're also great when I'm in places that I can't smoke, like the mall, grocery store, some restaurants, or around my apartment building. Mine are black, so they are less likely to draw objections from non-smokers (God bless them!). Blus come in four different strengths, so it would be feasible to start on the high nicotine strength, and eventually taper down. If you're into flavors, there are several, but I prefer mostly the classic tobacco flavor, occasionally the java jolt.

I have no plans of quitting real cigarettes at this time, but if I ever do decide to quit, vaping will certainly be a key to quitting.

Mothertime67
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I used the Foos ecig with flavored liquid nicotine. I smoked for twenty plus years and totally quit after a month with the Foos. I have no cravings and I don't smell like an ashtray.

EmilyH87
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I have friends that are using them and it is helping them to quit. I'd rather be around someone with an e-cig than a real one any day.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN