Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How safe do you feel in your home?

Posted by   + Show Post

While discussing a recent rash of home invasions with my neighbor, I said that I always keep the doors locked and she told me never locks her doors except when she goes to bed at night. That has me more than a little concerned about her, but she says there's nothing to worry about because "nobody ever breaks into anything in our neighborhood."

How safe do you feel in your home? Do you always lock your doors?

by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Replies (111-119):
m.garcia21
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Theres never bn a house invasion where in my neighborhood. But i still lock my doors and car
Emmaleigha
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:30 PM
We only lock our doors at night. But then again our house is gated and we have a really good security system. But even if we didn't have that we would still only lock our doors at night.
AnneMarie2220
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Mobile Photo

I feel some what safe in my home but my door is always locked. Although I do want to add another dead bolt.
I just moved here in December, and I won't feel totally safe until I meet more neighbours.
bhow
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:26 PM

We live in what some might concider one of the most safest places in the country...Okay...our doors are always locked if we are not going in and out in the summer.  When honey leaves for work in morning he locks door, when I come back from bus I lock the door.  If all 4 of us are in the house doors are locked.   Right now...He is at a meeting, oldest daughter is working, youngest is on couch I am on the floor...doors are locked.  No one ever gets broken into here either but Lord knows who's broke down on the highway 2 blocks away.

Bribriesmom
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:45 AM
I feel safe, but I always lock my doors. They just had more cameras installed on the property too. I live in a nice area, but some of the recent families are being disruptive, other than that I love my little place.
Lurker01
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:28 AM
I grew up in whats considered to be a bad area.I moved away but I'm still only 15 minutes from the area.So yes I do lock my doors I'm pretty ocd about it I check the locks multiple times throughout the day.Sometimes bf comes home and doesn't lock the door so I just make it a habit to check now.Idk why he does that he grew up in the same area as I did you think he would learn.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:40 AM

The only time we lock our doors is at night also, however we also have a security system so whenever one of the doors opens I hear from the box in the hall lol. It has the tone of a doorbell and tells me what door is being opened. So I feel very safe :)

sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:45 AM

I feel safe, but I still keep the doors locked.  My 80 pound dog helps too.

chic-wildflower
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:47 AM
I always lock my doors.....u just never know!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)