Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How safe do you feel in your home?

Posted by   + Show Post

While discussing a recent rash of home invasions with my neighbor, I said that I always keep the doors locked and she told me never locks her doors except when she goes to bed at night. That has me more than a little concerned about her, but she says there's nothing to worry about because "nobody ever breaks into anything in our neighborhood."

How safe do you feel in your home? Do you always lock your doors?

by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:24 PM
I feel very safe but I do keep the door locked. A few years ago there was a post here about a lady whose DH's crazy walked into her house and she had to call the police while her stepkids watched. When I suggested locking the door would keep intruders out, I was bashed all over for suggesting such a thing. LOL!

While I know my area is safe, I've also seen a few too many Lifetime movies. Plus, the seal on our front door is loose so I know the door is totally shut if the bolt is locked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:26 PM

I do feel very safe.

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Gun...Check

Other random weaponry... Check

Personal Protection Trained dog... Check

Other dogs... Check

Scary ass husband... Check

I'm safe. 

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:28 PM
I feel safe. We rarely lock our doors in the daytime. We usually lock up at night but not always. If someone comes in they're the one's that aren't safe.
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:42 AM

I feel safe. I lock the doors.

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:43 AM

i always keep my doors locked.  just habit.  but i feel very safe in general because i have a big dog that sound super scary lol

lesalmi
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:47 AM
My front door is locked at all times. The back door when I'm home isn't but you have to be motivated to get back there and if you do, good luck getting passed my pit
SylviaNCali
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Even though I've never been broken into, I know that there is always a chance that it could happen. I live in a good neighborhood but I like to be smart. I keep my doors locked at all times. And have the security doors and window grilles as well. I also have weapons so this is what gives me peace of mind. Knowing that if something ever happens, I have a fighting chance.

mysticatgal
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:37 AM
I feel pretty safe. Our last place we were broken into while we were home. It takes a long time to let go of that even though we're in a better neighborhood. I lock the doors really well while sleeping and leaving the house.
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:04 AM

I keep my doors locked all the time, house and cars.

I have a big old stray dog outside that isn't going to let anyone near my house (even food doesn't work with him...a neighbor tried while we were on vacation...lol. I had to call my dad and have him come all the way to my house every day for a week to feed they guy because he wouldn't let my neighbor near the door to get the food even with him bringing him "people" food).

I have my big old Great Dane/Saint Bernard mix inside that isn't a threat, unless you're a threat to the kids. If you even pretend to hurt one of my kids...you're greeted with a not so friendly warning growl.

And I have handguns.

All in all, without all of that, I'd feel safe anyway. The reason I have the guns is because DH's sister's ex boyfriends (4 of them...she dates freaking crazy people) have threatened the lives of DH and our children...we have had to get ROs to keep them away. I haven't heard from any of them in 3 years, so I don't think they're going to come running anytime soon, but I'm prepared just in case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN