Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How safe do you feel in your home?

Posted by   + Show Post

While discussing a recent rash of home invasions with my neighbor, I said that I always keep the doors locked and she told me never locks her doors except when she goes to bed at night. That has me more than a little concerned about her, but she says there's nothing to worry about because "nobody ever breaks into anything in our neighborhood."

How safe do you feel in your home? Do you always lock your doors?

by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
withsecond
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 4:02 PM
I keep them unlocked during the day and lock them at night.
BUMBLEscumble
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 4:06 PM

My doors are ALWAYS locked... but unfortunately, I'm not in the nicest if areas.

Didn't have much of a choice in the matter.

My ex picked the housing HIMSELF, as to where I had wanted to live the next town over.

Blehhhh.... hopefully now that I am SINGLE, I will be able to move elsewhere come taxes.

I hope.

Rlmama00
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 4:07 PM

I don't feel safe at all. I usually have the doors locked and the alarm set even when I am home. It wasn't like that in my previous homes though, at all.

Farmlady09
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Don't bring bread! Bread is actually very bad for ducks, even though a lot of people feed them bread. Bring fruit or sunflower seeds :-)

Quoting SouthernSweetT: I want to come visit just to see this all in action! But ill bring bread for the ducks.

Quoting Farmlady09:

We don't lock our door ~ we live in the woods. Before anyone can get within an acre of our home they have to get past guinea fowl (which can be heard a mile away, roost in trees where they can't be seen, and which hate strangers), the peafowl (which are louder than the guineas and which hate strangers even more), 100 ducks that will waddle right onto strangers feet hoping they have food, a donkey who brays loud enough to be heard a mile away and honkey honks any time he sees a stranger or a friend, two livestock guardian dogs weighing 135 pounds each, two pet dogs that bark anytime they see a human, and my yard roosters. Seriously, it sounds like a jungle here when someone steps onto the property. Even a crazed meth head would likely head right on down the road lol.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:39 PM
My doors are only ever locked when I am home alone (or with the kids but without my husband) and go in for a shower, when we leave, or when we go to bed. However, there is always a ton of daytime activity going on in our home and people don't break into homes when they think the homeowners are there and awake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Not safe whatsoever! Horrible neighborhood. Over Christmas break my car had an attempted brake in and my neighbors place got broken into and my other neighbor had an attempt while she was inside sleeping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:58 PM

I leave the windows open overnight. (ground floor) I've never worried about it here. It's a good neighboorhood.

Julissa0202
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM
My husband works nights , I live I'm front of a school , also have a gun an pit bull ,
But ! I don't feel safe 😔
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Really safe right now... Very small town and 3 cops live on our street...pretty much the whole force hehehe
spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Only lock the doors when its me n the kids at night
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)