Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How safe do you feel in your home?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:31 AM
  • 119 Replies
2 moms liked this

While discussing a recent rash of home invasions with my neighbor, I said that I always keep the doors locked and she told me never locks her doors except when she goes to bed at night. That has me more than a little concerned about her, but she says there's nothing to worry about because "nobody ever breaks into anything in our neighborhood."

How safe do you feel in your home? Do you always lock your doors?

by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mater-three
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:33 AM

My doors are always locked.  I do feel pretty safe though. It is my safe place.

alf2651
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I feel pretty safe. I keep all of the doors locked. I had my home broken into a couple of years ago and I don't want to deal with that again.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Why123
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I usually keep my doors locked.  If I had real concerns, I'd move.

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM
I feel really safe. Our neighbors on either side stay home constantly and one is really nosey. The other is paranoid about strangers so keeps a close eye. Both our neighbors across the street are retired and also home all day. I do lock my doors during the day and at night, but I still feel really safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:16 PM

My doors are always locked.   I do feel safe.  No matter where, I wouldn't feel safing not having my doors locked.  Every house has a chance of someone trying breaking in.  No one house is of exception.  Some houses are better protected and succeeding may not ever happen, but there's nothing stopping any one from giving it a try. 

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:18 PM

My doors are always locked and when we are in for the day or night the alarm goes on. We live in a very safe neighborhood but I still do it.

BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I feel fairly safe, but don't always lock my doors during the day, but always do at night.  We just got a security system and will have in installed in about a week.

LuvmyAiden
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I feel safe but I still lock my doors. I'm not an idiot.

kellysparkles
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel safe but we are very pro 2nd amendment, so that helps.  I do keep the doors locked at all times, though.

IUMer
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I feel safe but I always lock my doors anyway.  For one thing, I have a neighbor who has a mentally unstable grown son who seems to be fixated on my daughter and me. I sure don't want to walk into the other and find him standing there! So yeah, doors are locked!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)