Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

communication is really not this hard!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:08 PM
  • 17 Replies
Ok my sons bday is Tue we are celebrating on Sat, well i told my hubby he needed to buy the stuff to make his cake and to get a few items we still needed. ( drinks and ice cream cups ) .. He comes home from the store with a whole baking system. Omg really? He bought a new glass bowl ( which we have a huge set ) new cake pans ( again a big set ) plastic wear for party i told him i already bought. When i told him ice cream cups, he assumed i meant cups to put ice cream in. Umm no? I meant literally ice cream cups!!!! Ugh. Why? Why does he need to go so overboard?!?!?! Ugh! no one will see the damn pans lol the cake will be on a platform. Lol anyway rant done lol..
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
If I send mine to the store for one item, he comes back with tons if bags full of junk food. It will have like 10 bags of chips and 6 different kinds of cookies. It is crazy!!! And he usually buys the wrong item that I asked for. Like I will tell him to buy milk, we drink whole milk and have for years, but he will buy non-fat because "he forgot which one we drink".... its been 3 years of the same one!! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Lol glad Im not alone. Lol coukd have saved a good 40 bucks tho lol

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: If I send mine to the store for one item, he comes back with tons if bags full of junk food. It will have like 10 bags of chips and 6 different kinds of cookies. It is crazy!!! And he usually buys the wrong item that I asked for. Like I will tell him to buy milk, we drink whole milk and have for years, but he will buy non-fat because "he forgot which one we drink".... its been 3 years of the same one!! Lol.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know how to find it but there is a comedy bit about why you should never send a man to the grocery store... it is hilarious and along the same lines as your problem.

DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Sounds familiar we have prob seen it. Hubby loves the.comedy shows lol

Quoting ditsyjo:

I don't know how to find it but there is a comedy bit about why you should never send a man to the grocery store... it is hilarious and along the same lines as your problem.

DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Sounds familiar we have prob seen it. Hubby loves the.comedy shows lol

Quoting ditsyjo:

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Sounds familiar we have prob seen it. Hubby loves the.comedy shows lol

Quoting ditsyjo:

don't know how to make it clicky but  ► 7:53► 7:53

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs
or just google Jeanne Robertson "don't send a man to the grocery store"
DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha thanks :)

Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Sounds familiar we have prob seen it. Hubby loves the.comedy shows lol

Quoting ditsyjo:

don't know how to make it clicky but  ► 7:53► 7:53

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs
or just google Jeanne Robertson "don't send a man to the grocery store"
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 10, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Did you smack him with the cake pans? Lol

Seriously, though, why do men do that?! I sent my DH to the store and said "hey, will you grab a thing of Sunny D and a couple boxes of mac and cheese? The girls have some friends coming over, it'll just be easy for lunch". He comes home with a box of Capri suns, 2 bottles of Sunny D and 6 friggin boxes of mac and cheese! I was like "wtf?!" We rarely even eat that stuff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I should have smacked him lol our little guy was right there lol

Quoting beadingmom17: Did you smack him with the cake pans? Lol

Seriously, though, why do men do that?! I sent my DH to the store and said "hey, will you grab a thing of Sunny D and a couple boxes of mac and cheese? The girls have some friends coming over, it'll just be easy for lunch". He comes home with a box of Capri suns, 2 bottles of Sunny D and 6 friggin boxes of mac and cheese! I was like "wtf?!" We rarely even eat that stuff!
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 10, 2014 at 12:43 AM

I think it's sweet but I guess I'm the only one so far.  If I sent my dh to the store then he would buy what was on my list because he is clueless.  If I sent mine without a list then he probably would have been on the phone annoying me but I would have found it sweet and endearing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)