Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

sad new mom

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:15 AM
  • 8 Replies
Good morning,

I have a question. this is my first pregnancy and ive been having connection issues with my mom all i want to do is be around her and under her and its like she rejecting me its hard and makes me sad and cry im 2 the point where i dont want to even talk to her anymore i was wondering how can i get through to her that i need her right now without getting to the point of not dealing with her anymore.
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this

((Hugs))  I'm not sure what's going on with your mom - maybe she's busy or doesn't realize how much you need her right now - or is overwhelmed with her own stuff.  Try not to get too upset about it though.  One thing that has helped me over the years (especially with my mom) is to remember that I can't change other people, I can only change my reaction to other people.  So, try not to let yourself get too upset by her, realize you can't change her and try to shift your focus to other things that make you happy.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!  When are you due?

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I am sorry that you are feeling so sad.  Think about what you like about yourself so that you feel better about yourself.  Perhaps you can gently tell her your feelings, that you feel that you need her attention right now, but don't let it be a confrontation, that would only cause her to pull away.

NewMom201420
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:19 PM
thank you so much cafe robin i really needed someone advice. I couldnt talk to my mom and my fiance tryed to help but he not a pregnant female he couldn't understand and Im 6 months
NewMom201420
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Bmat.....i already told her how i felt she came around and i was so happy, then she went back to her old ways all i want is to spend time with her this is her first grand i just dont understand whats her problem.
ayacocca
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Congrats ! do u have any names picked out?
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Maybe it is time to find another relative or friend to talk with?

Quoting NewMom201420: Bmat.....i already told her how i felt she came around and i was so happy, then she went back to her old ways all i want is to spend time with her this is her first grand i just dont understand whats her problem.

NewMom201420
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Yes his name is going to be Braylin

Quoting ayacocca: Congrats ! do u have any names picked out?
Razzbaby1988
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
How old are you?? Did you get married out of wedlock?? Was she disappointed In you for getting pregnant maybe?? Or maybe you just feel like she's fat away ?? Those hormones will seriously play with you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)