Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dizzy spells

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
I don't know what to do. I am 25 weeks pregnant on Sunday with our third child. I had dizzy spells early in pregnancy and that subsided. Well now they are back with a vingance and I am barely functional. I've NEVER had BP issues. Baby girl is still active, I'm hydrated, and I eat frequent meals. We did just get back on Tuesday from Tennessee, we were on the plane all day. Oh I might add I've noticed swelling in my ankles, never dealt with that either in previous pregnancies. I know you aren't doctors but I'm just looking for advice before I google it and freak myself out.

TIA
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:07 AM

Put those feet up in air first.  Then if the dizziness keeps up place a call to the doctor.  Most pharmacies now have a free bp machine you can check on your own.

MomTo2SillyBoys
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:19 AM
I did that the other night and I was still having bad dizziness. Right now I seem to be a little better with my feet up but this is just so weird for me.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Put those feet up in air first.  Then if the dizziness keeps up place a call to the doctor.  Most pharmacies now have a free bp machine you can check on your own.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Are you making sure you eat well rounded meals as well?  Dizziness could mean many things but given everything else going on I would call doctor for them to check me out.  Hopefully things can settle down though after the trip you went on.

Quoting MomTo2SillyBoys: I did that the other night and I was still having bad dizziness. Right now I seem to be a little better with my feet up but this is just so weird for me.

Quoting frndlyfn:

MomTo2SillyBoys
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:50 AM
I have a check up next week. The only way to be checked out now is by urgent care. Our doctor doesn't have an after hour nurse since it's a military base. I just get freaked out since my mom had preeclampsia with my brother and he and dad still suffer from high BP. I will be mentioning this next week. I've noticed my BP creeping up but they say it isn't a concern. I dont know. I just worry about me and baby girl.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Are you making sure you eat well rounded meals as well?  Dizziness could mean many things but given everything else going on I would call doctor for them to check me out.  Hopefully things can settle down though after the trip you went on.

Quoting MomTo2SillyBoys: I did that the other night and I was still having bad dizziness. Right now I seem to be a little better with my feet up but this is just so weird for me.

Quoting frndlyfn:

maryBlanche
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

You need to call your doctor. It could be blood pressure, anemia, etc. Best to play it safe than be sorry. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN