Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What should i do?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:38 AM
  • 12 Replies
2 days ago i had a headache,running nose and throat hurts when i swallow. So i took some pain killer/ Tylenol and took it every 8 hrs..my pain went away and came back..what else can i do or take ? i did use the water and salt and honey amd lemon..
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 2:13 AM

You treated something 2 days ago and want to know what to do now?  Are your symptoms the same?  I would continue to treat with salt water , honey and/or lemon in tea for a sore throat.  The pain you treat just like you have been as well.  If you suspect strep, you need to go see the doctor.   Are you currently pregnant?

Aprilbaby14
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:18 AM
Aw noo, Hi. I suggest the same as Ms.frndlyfn try that if it doesn't not help any Please go to the doctor and let them know what has been going on, it might be a viral infection I've had one a year ago I had a headache, fatigue and no appetite but it was a bad cold I didn't know why my head pain wouldn't leave after taking tylenol 800. I hope you feel better asap, take care
Jenn3194
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:10 PM
ill continue the salt water and honey and lemon and no im not pregnant

Quoting frndlyfn:

You treated something 2 days ago and want to know what to do now?  Are your symptoms the same?  I would continue to treat with salt water , honey and/or lemon in tea for a sore throat.  The pain you treat just like you have been as well.  If you suspect strep, you need to go see the doctor.   Are you currently pregnant?

Jenn3194
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Oh ok ill do that thanks(:

Quoting Aprilbaby14: Aw noo, Hi. I suggest the same as Ms.frndlyfn try that if it doesn't not help any Please go to the doctor and let them know what has been going on, it might be a viral infection I've had one a year ago I had a headache, fatigue and no appetite but it was a bad cold I didn't know why my head pain wouldn't leave after taking tylenol 800. I hope you feel better asap, take care
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM

You may be able to talk to a pharmacy about over the counter meds to help with the symptoms as well.   If you were pregnant, the options would have been way fewer for treatment.

Quoting Jenn3194: ill continue the salt water and honey and lemon and no im not pregnant

Quoting frndlyfn:

Jenn3194
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:39 PM
i know if i was pregnant i know wat treatments and ok

Quoting frndlyfn:

You may be able to talk to a pharmacy about over the counter meds to help with the symptoms as well.   If you were pregnant, the options would have been way fewer for treatment.

Quoting Jenn3194: ill continue the salt water and honey and lemon and no im not pregnant

Quoting frndlyfn:

Jenn3194
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:40 PM
IM JUST GUNNA GO TO THE DR MY VOICE IS GONE I CANT SPEAK AND IT HURTS THANKS FOR UR COMMENTS...
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:31 PM

I'd also refrain from yelling if you want your voice to come back, LOL!!!  Just kidding.  I hope you feel better soon.

Quoting Jenn3194: IM JUST GUNNA GO TO THE DR MY VOICE IS GONE I CANT SPEAK AND IT HURTS THANKS FOR UR COMMENTS...

Jenn3194
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol thanks(:

Quoting taKENheart:

I'd also refrain from yelling if you want your voice to come back, LOL!!!  Just kidding.  I hope you feel better soon.

Quoting Jenn3194: IM JUST GUNNA GO TO THE DR MY VOICE IS GONE I CANT SPEAK AND IT HURTS THANKS FOR UR COMMENTS...

LilTerror
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Throats are vulnerable to bacterial & viral infection & when the throat hurts, as yours does, it's a sign that it has been attacked.  Therefore you need more than an analgesic pain killer.  You need a prescription aimed at fighting the infection itself.  I'm so sorry you are under the weather.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN