Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The Wonderful World of VoodooVixen: 10 Disgusting Things About Being a Parent

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

My brain has been going ninety mph this morning. 

Feed the voodoo baby!  Check.  Take the semi chewed, mushy banana off the couch because voodoo baby decided to spit it out!  Check and disgusting. 

This made me start thinking.  As moms disgusting is, I regret to say, part of our job.  We clean up everything from pee, poop, vomit, and that mystery thing that we found stuffed between the couch cushion.  You know the thing you can't tell if it was food or not because it has hair that it is either growing or it accumulated over the time it was hidden there. From the moment we give birth the Eww factor sets in.  Meconium diapers anyone?  For those that have not had children yet, meconium is that pleasant first diaper of black tar ooze that has come out of that precious bundle of joy.  It consists of amniotic fluid, mucus, bile and the remnants of our past ancestor the Monster from the Black Lagoon. 

Speaking of poop adventures they don't stop there.  My child has on many occassion put her hand down her pull ups to pull out a poop covered finger which she shoves in my face and says "eww!".  Yes child, I know that is eww and mommy definitely doesn't want it in her face. This happens with a miriad of things other than poo.  I have had too many mystery substances put in my face to list them all here.  New mothers prepare yourselves. 

But enough about bowel movements.  Here is my top 10 list of disgusting things about being a parent.  Enjoy and feel free to add your own in the comments :)

1.  poop.  Get used to it.  It will be everywhere.  Literally.

2.  the thing in your car that is causing that mystery smell.  Get used to it.  It will be there for a long time.

3.  The umbilical cord stump will fall off.  Yes it will stink, what else do you expect of a piece of rotting flesh attached to your babies stomach.

4.  If your child grabs your hand be prepared, something semi-chewed, warm and particularly mushy is about to hit your palm.

5.  Speaking of hands, be prepared to catch vomit because when they are young they don't understand to run to the toilet.  All you can do is save your carpets, bedding and whatever else is in the projectile zone by trying to catch as much of it as you can.

6.  You will enounter head lice.  One day you will get a note from the school telling you that they have had an outbreak.  That's right, your child's head will most likely at some point in time be teeming with bugs.

7.  You reach into the bag of pretzels or chips and take a bite of your salty treat.  Only to find out that the outerlayer is a bit wet and all the salt has been sucked off.  That's right, your kid got into the bag or bowel and licked all the salt off and decide it would be nice to share and put the chip back. 

8.  Always bring extra clothes.  Why?  Because at some point in time you will be wearing something you probably don't want to wear.  See all of the above for the possibilities of things you may not want to wear.

9.  Your child will eat somthing they shouldn't.  Dirt, tree bark, the cat's tail.  Nothing is off limits.

10.  There will be mystery items in the diaper.  And mystery colors.  And mystery smells.  Again it really all goes back to poop.  But don't freak out.  Sometimes it isn't that your child ate a lego.  It is more that your child hid the lego in their diaper for later, fogot it was there and proceeded to, yep you guessed it, poop on it.

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

that is funny and very very true...  the other day my 8 year old was holding my baby ( 6 weeks old) and the baby spit up ... alot. my daughter starts yelling eeewww! take her mommy take her. I just laughed and took her. my daughter was like don't you think it's gross mommy. I told her after you have had as much real throw up on you a little baby spit up it nothing.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:57 AM

yup.  You pretty much nailed it.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 5:32 AM

Amen!! LOL

snowball184
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:50 AM

My kids are 7 and 4 I never had any of those problems

SissyAnn141
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:19 AM

I would not trade 1 minute, of my child's- "babyhood".

bump

jessi614
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Yeah you nailed it I had poop on my face once she had a teething daiper she pooped a lot at one shot it looked like I had not changed her for days as I cleaned her and I struggled she got poo on my face got poo on my bedding every where she was just above 1 year old she ran around with the poo as I tried to clean her I ended up putting her in a shower the other day she got sick she was walking and vomiting every where I live with other people so I have to clean where she makes a mes she vomits I run I get her calm I clean she vomits again I get her calm I clean my dh ran away and asked how can you handle that smell I just said well someone has to do it don't they ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleynickia
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Lol so true! Six scares me, i dread the day that comes! Number 5 is so true. We had just moved to a new town and in the process of signing the lease dd comes to me and says her tummy hurts and out comes her lunch. I caught most of it, the rest i got on my shoes, jacket, and top. Unfortunately my clothes were all packed away :-(
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:02 PM

LOL!!!!!  I hope you blog, these are hilarious!

SareyF
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Finger painting with poop.
Using the closet as a toilet.
Spitting up... In your mouth.
Vomiting in THREE pairs of your shoes.
Pooping during bath.
Finding that sippy of milk, er, sour cream, from days, weeks, or even months ago.
Having to fish stuff out of the toilet...which also has pee and poop in it.
VoodooVixen
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:28 AM
I don't blog. Don't think I am good enough

Quoting Bmat:

LOL!!!!!  I hope you blog, these are hilarious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)