Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I want to tell my DH off

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:55 AM
  • 7 Replies
But I'm too passive. I have been having periods that last 8-10 days for about a year now and recently my cramping has been getting out of control. I'm cramping the 12 days before and then the whole way through. I'm miserable! I mentioned to my DH that I think it's endometriosis. However, this past week, I have been having pains that are so much like round ligament pain during pregnancy. So, I said I'd rather be pregnant than have endometriosis and he got all huffy about it because he doesn't want more kids. He hasn't gotten a V like he said he would and he won't wear condoms. I want to tell him to do one of those or not touch me if he is so worried about it. I don't use hormonal bc because it sends me into tailspinning depression, even the ones that aren't "supposed to".
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Sorry your in so much pain. I had that alos and got my tubes tied. It helped quit a bit but a yr later got a hysterectomy due to cysts. Sorry prob not much help but id see your ob
VoodooVixen
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I am sorry about the pain.  As for your husband, I would just tell him.  You can't keep being passive.  Sometimes the best thing to do is stand up for yourself and lay down the law a bit. Don't be harsh about it but be firm.  You have to take care of yourself as well and part of that is making sure that your needs are being met in your relationship.

withsecond
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Being passive is getting you nowhere. It's time to speak up.
EninJenniLouis
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Really, getting a tubal helps with that? I didn't think it would because you still ovulate, which means that the endometrium still grows.
EninJenniLouis
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Idk, I think it's about his needs. He is the one who thinks having a fourth child would be horrible- worse than me having a serious health issue.

Quoting VoodooVixen:

I am sorry about the pain.  As for your husband, I would just tell him.  You can't keep being passive.  Sometimes the best thing to do is stand up for yourself and lay down the law a bit. Don't be harsh about it but be firm.  You have to take care of yourself as well and part of that is making sure that your needs are being met in your relationship.

VoodooVixen
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Both can be equally stressful depending on your situation.

I think that the issues are 2 separate things, just from an outside point of view.  Do you want more children?  I ask because if you don't have you thought about getting your tubes tied?

That would somewhat take care of the worries about another baby. 

As for your health you need to talk to him about it and be up front.  You can't be the best mom and wife if you are feeling this bad. 

Quoting EninJenniLouis: Idk, I think it's about his needs. He is the one who thinks having a fourth child would be horrible- worse than me having a serious health issue.

Quoting VoodooVixen:

EninJenniLouis
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:32 PM
I don't feel done. I didn't get a tubal after #3 because it didn't feel right. He is an amazing person, but to him everything is black and white. He said he would get a vasectomy, but he hasn't. So, I'm confused because to me that is a gray move, if you know what I mean.

Quoting VoodooVixen:

Both can be equally stressful depending on your situation.

I think that the issues are 2 separate things, just from an outside point of view.  Do you want more children?  I ask because if you don't have you thought about getting your tubes tied?

That would somewhat take care of the worries about another baby. 

As for your health you need to talk to him about it and be up front.  You can't be the best mom and wife if you are feeling this bad. 

Quoting EninJenniLouis: Idk, I think it's about his needs. He is the one who thinks having a fourth child would be horrible- worse than me having a serious health issue.

Quoting VoodooVixen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN