Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

We want to hear about your beauty habits!

Cafe AmyB
Today at 11:10 AM
Winter Fun #Fridgeworthy Moments Challenge! Enter to Win HUGE Prizes! - CafeMom

Show us your kidsâ most awesome cold weather moments! From baking cookies and decorating for the holidays to speci

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:31 PM
  • 24 Replies

Hi ladies,

As busy moms beauty routines can often take a back seat, even if only temporarily. 

Tell us:

• Do you have beauty rituals? If so, what are they?
  • What beauty products do you frequently buy?
  • Where do you learn about new beauty tricks?
  • How did your beauty habits/products changed when you became a mom?

mirror

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine are very basic. I wash my face in the morning and apply sunscreen.  Wash my face at night and apply moisturizer. Rub lotion on my feet and hands at night. I freqently buy hand creams since my hands and feet get so dry in the winter.  When I became a mom I pretty much neglected my hair and skin until the children were older.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Facial cleanser and moisturizer! Using baby oil gel to moisturize my body!
Lizzys_mommy13
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:09 PM
I watch a lot of YouTube! Lol
I personally love Biore strips and can't live without eye make-up. I buy the cheaper brands from Walmart, but if I had the money I would definitely buy the more expensive eyeliners and mascara.
I stopped doing my make-up every day when I became a mom. I won't go out in public without it done, but I spend more time in the house now so I find myself wanting to do it less.
sukainah
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:11 PM

All I can say about this is my beauty habits changed a lot after having kids.  I have let myself go and don't really do anything, as far as beauty, for myself.  Just shower and go LOL

RobynS
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I'm a minimalist... I put on moisturizer with SPF after my shower and... well, that's usually about it. I would be lost without moisturize and lip balm!

I rarely wore makeup before becoming a mom and now I wear it even less--a little eyeliner and blush if I'm going somewhere special, mostly to help make me not look so tired.

4kidz916
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I wash my face and use an anti aging cream at night.  In the mornings after my shower I apply a moisturizer and light make up.  Face wash is the product I buy most often.

TerriC
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:10 PM

I need to get better about it for sure.  I use eye cream at night before bed, that is one thing I have started doing regularly.  I also got a facial cleaner I really like so I have been better about that as well.

jessicasmom1
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:43 PM

wash my face before bed then splash with cold water apply moisturizer , cocoa butter my arms, elbows and hands  ... when I shave I cocoa butter my ankles and legs ...  Dove beauty bars, exfoliating body scrubs, watch videos on here to lean new beauty tricks, I got my hair cute short when I became a mom and now growing in I condition it ever other day

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:45 PM

I use moisturizer every morning, and astringent every night.  I wear full makeup on special occasions, and wear only eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss every day.  I buy liquid eyeliner, lip gloss and mascara every month.  I haven't neglected myself when I had kids.

LitasLuv
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM
I've used sensitive skin (no fragrance) Dove soap to wash my face for years. All of the higher end products I've used on my face have made me breakout or have irritation.so the routine in am: wash face, witch hazel to remove trace of dirt/oil/makeup and to prep for moisturizer to get into skin. Moisturizer and 50 SPF plus eye cream. I feel good when I do my makeup even if I'm not going anywhere- something light: tinted sunscreen and SPF lip balm. At night; wash and there use my Clairsonic for exfoliation and for my nighttime cream to do its work:) I also use pure vitamin e on my eyes and eye lashes. Sometimes I use virgin coconut oil all over my face and body. It's cheap and very natural and works to make skin soft and supple!!

I watch youtube videos on hair and makeup tips.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)