Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you one of "those" moms?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:24 PM
  • 83 Replies

I took my sister to her son's school today because they were having their class party. The theme was "Welcome Winter" so she had made some big sugar cookies decorated with snowflake designs and put them in snowflake-printed goodie bags. Then she bundled them together with snowflake-printed goodie bags filled with a pencil, eraser, notepad, pencil sharpener, and small box of crayons (she didn't spend that much - everything came from Oriental Trading Company and there are only 15kids in the class). One of the moms dropping off her kids saw the bags and said, "Oh, God, not another Pinterest mom!" and she didn't say it in a kind tone.

Are you a Pinterest mom? Do Pinterest moms annoy you?

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cmgmqmmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM
No, I'm not crafty.
I hardly think putting that stuff into little bags makes her a Pinterest mom. I'd have laughed at her and probably rolled my eyes.
NikkiPitt0805
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM
3 moms liked this

yes and no.  I see things on there and take parts of it and make it my own, but more power to those who have time and resources to be a "pintrest mom"

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I'm not a pintrest mom, but they don't annoy me either.

santi13
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:36 PM
7 moms liked this
I think that's just plain ridiculous to even give a mum who likes to do crafts & nice things a cheap title. I think the goody bags were a cute idea & I'm sure the other children enjoyed them as well. The other mum sounds ridiculously jealous that there are some women in the world who have talent & skill. I'm guessing you live in America? because I've noticed that the women there are very catty towards one another & hate when other women do womanly things.
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:49 PM
No n no they do not annoy me.
RaineyLeigh
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If I feel like it I do it. I have no problem with other Moms who actually want to do those things either!

WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I like to get recipes off of Pinterest. But other Pinterest moms don't annoy me. I see it everyday at work.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I am and I don't care if I do annoy others, they're just pissed at themselves because they have no talent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piesmama09
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:19 PM

We aren't allowed to bring any homemade food into the school, but yeah I would do that LOL. The kids all seem to be allergic or diabetic this year so they banned it.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jan. 13, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I'm not a pintrest mom, but they don't annoy me either.

♥♥I Has Dreams♥♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)