Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I recently joined Cafe Mom...

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:22 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

I joined a few days ago because I'm a mother now. I'm Tara and I'm 17 years old. I have a 2 month old son name Matt (his nickname, real name is Matthew Josiah) and he's precious and I can't live without him, he's my everything. I know some people say bad stuff about teen mothers, but I'm taking care of my son and I'm doing online high school so I can graduate this year and wanted to go into criminal justice as a career. My ex-boyfriend is a loser and he left me after I found out I was pregnant...he was my first boyfriend and only one I've been with. My parents are helping me financially to provide for my son and I'm looking for at least a part time job so I don't have to rely on my parents and my grandfather lives with us as well ever since he retired and he will watch my son while I go somewhere. We live in a 2 story house and my dad's an oncologist and my mom's a pediatrictian so the house is a safe place for my baby so everything is good. I'm a good mother and before I became a mother I have no interests in partying or some crazy things many teenagers does I'm more like a nerdy girl who likes video games, comics, Doctor Who, and anime...and I still do now. I love animals and I have a black cat named Chococat and a dog name Snoopy. I'm a Christian and every Sunday my parents and I go to church and my son does go to church every Sunday as well and he will be baptize really soon. What's weird is that my mom is having another baby and she's 6 months pregnant having a boy naming him Christopher Michael and my son will have an uncle that's younger that him lol, it doesn't matter and I always wanted a little brother or sister because it's sad sometimes for me being the only child. I love my family and my friends. That's all about me. I'll post more about my son's life and my life whenever I have spare time.

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome to Cm, Tara. 
I named my ds Matthew James and people always used to ask me if I was really religious, lol!
Yeah, that is quite the different with having an aunt or uncle that is younger than you but it's not the first time it's ever happened.  They'll be really close I'm sure ;)
I sure hope you make some friends here and gain good advice when you need it.
Again welcome to the group :)

Jenn1183
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome. I just joined myself last night. And I am a first time mom at 30 and the father is no longer in the picture. Of his choice of course, eventhough he said he wanted a daughter. main thing for you and your son is that you have people who can be there to help you no matter what.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:36 PM

That sounds like he could be more of a sibling/cousin relationship than uncle/nephew.  My dd has a nephew who is 2 years younger than she is and they act more like cousins would.  She is 7 and the only one who lives here since all her siblings are adult age.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Welcome!
Tara8238
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome Tara! My name is also Tara and am new to CafeMom.  I had my first son when I was 19, I was also a single parent for a little while until his father finally woke up and came around a few years later and has really stepped up and is a great father now.  

I hope that you make some great friends here, I'm hoping for that as well.

welcome to cafemom

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Welcome to the group! It is really great that you're finishing high school and that your family is so supportive! Are you planning on going to college after high school? 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom Tara,
Congrats on your new little one.
Wonderful yiou have family support like that .. makes it a bit easier fro you.
Wherebouts do you al live?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting icegoddess:

I joined a few days ago because I'm a mother now. I'm Tara and I'm 17 years old. I have a 2 month old son name Matt (his nickname, real name is Matthew Josiah) and he's precious and I can't live without him, he's my everything. I know some people say bad stuff about teen mothers, but I'm taking care of my son and I'm doing online high school so I can graduate this year and wanted to go into criminal justice as a career. My ex-boyfriend is a loser and he left me after I found out I was pregnant...he was my first boyfriend and only one I've been with. My parents are helping me financially to provide for my son and I'm looking for at least a part time job so I don't have to rely on my parents and my grandfather lives with us as well ever since he retired and he will watch my son while I go somewhere. We live in a 2 story house and my dad's an oncologist and my mom's a pediatrictian so the house is a safe place for my baby so everything is good. I'm a good mother and before I became a mother I have no interests in partying or some crazy things many teenagers does I'm more like a nerdy girl who likes video games, comics, Doctor Who, and anime...and I still do now. I love animals and I have a black cat named Chococat and a dog name Snoopy. I'm a Christian and every Sunday my parents and I go to church and my son does go to church every Sunday as well and he will be baptize really soon. What's weird is that my mom is having another baby and she's 6 months pregnant having a boy naming him Christopher Michael and my son will have an uncle that's younger that him lol, it doesn't matter and I always wanted a little brother or sister because it's sad sometimes for me being the only child. I love my family and my friends. That's all about me. I'll post more about my son's life and my life whenever I have spare time.

XpectTwins92808
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Welcome! :)
border7305
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Mobile Photo

Welcome Sweetie, to CM I'm Kim I to raised my DS alone and he turn out great! He's 26 now and a Tsgt. In the Military also married for 5yrs and a Great Dad of 2 1 DS 3yrs and a New DD 4 months now. So I am sure you will due a Great Job, and with having Great Family Supoort you will do just fine :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN