Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bowel Talk

AndreaLynn89
So thankful to have such a happy little girl!
Tuesday at 10:59 PM
Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:04 AM
  • 9 Replies

In third trimester and having very painful bowel movements. I'm not bound. It's normal just very painful. it's got me thinking...Ah  Do I have hemroids or something for the first time..? Anything down in that region feeling like its on fire or any discomfort freaks me out at this point. And what helps? Or is this common being something else? 

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
l0vEforMaNkInD
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Get some cream or try coconut oil i hope it gets better
AndreaLynn89
So thankful to have such a happy little girl!
Tuesday at 10:59 PM
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Thanks embarrassing to mention but needed so input on how to deal with it haha gotta love this pregnancy stuff 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 14, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Bump its been awhile since I was pregnant. Sorry, hope you get some comfort?
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Ask your doctor if you can intake a tablespoon of olive oil per day.  I recently had this trouble and I'm not pregnant so I'm not sure what is allowed for pregnancy these days.
If you have a hemorrhoid then use baby wipes to wipe instead of toilet paper.  Clean it with witch hazel on a cotton ball and ask for colace ...stool softener or ask if acacia powder is ok.
You said that it's normal but if you have pain then that doesn't sound normal to me.  Stay away from spicy foods because if you do have a hemorrhoid then that will make it worse especially if it's busted.  Any bleeding?  They could be internal and that's why you aren't sure.

letstalk747
by Joy on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

this

Quoting taKENheart:

Ask your doctor if you can intake a tablespoon of olive oil per day.  I recently had this trouble and I'm not pregnant so I'm not sure what is allowed for pregnancy these days.
If you have a hemorrhoid then use baby wipes to wipe instead of toilet paper.  Clean it with witch hazel on a cotton ball and ask for colace ...stool softener or ask if acacia powder is ok.
You said that it's normal but if you have pain then that doesn't sound normal to me.  Stay away from spicy foods because if you do have a hemorrhoid then that will make it worse especially if it's busted.  Any bleeding?  They could be internal and that's why you aren't sure.

LitasLuv
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:57 AM
most likely it's internal hemmroids. Def ask doctor if you can use Colace- which is usually prescribed by doctors. Call doctor
Immediately if you see any trace of blood on the toilet paper/wipes or drops of blood
In toilet. I'm sure you know all this- but if you are having regular stool do nt push just let it come naturally. It's not going to feel any better pushing or not pushing, but you would hate to make this even more of a problem or exacerbate the area.
What really helps so much is if you wet a regular sized pad and place it in the freezer then after u have a bowel
Movement you can take it out and place it in your underwear for a few min to make it feel better!!! Also Tucks pads to line a sanitary pad!
withsecond
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Sounds like hemorrhoids. Those suckers hurt like a mofo.
My doctor gave me some foam stuff that I had to shoot into my ass but it helped a lot.
NDADanceMom
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Make sure you drink plenty of water.  when I was pregnant I filled up my 35 ounce cup 5 times a day.  Never had potty issues. 

LoveMyBug2013
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 2:58 PM

It's possible you have hemmies.  There is a lot of extra pressure on the region. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN