Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Searching for group

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

Does anyone know of a group for moms who have a boyfriend/husband that travels for work?.  My bf is a union sheet metal journeyman and goes where the work is.  Which is currently almost 3,000 miles away for the past 6 weeks (and 2 more to go).  Just looking for support and advice from others in similar boat.  Thx!

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM

No, I don't but here's a bump ;)

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Hello and welcome!

How many kids do you have?

You can search on CafeMom for groups here- http://www.cafemom.com/groups/. You can find all types of groups that you can relate to. 

WifeAndMom99
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM

What does a sheet metal journeyman do?

Thankfully my husband doesn't travel. I'm not sure I could handle that.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:27 PM

My husband traveled a lot in his former job.  It made raising two boys more of a challenge, but at least we had money coming in.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Hi welcome to the group! I'm sorry that must be difficult to deal with. I hope you can find some other moms who go through the same thing. Do you live near any family?

AmandaLeigh8686
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Yes, I know how you feel.  I just got married and my husband is currently gone for 10 days and in march leaves for 6 months.  I just moved to so I dont know anyone around!  It can be very fustrating.  Im not sure how Im gonna deal with him being gone for so long.  How long is the longest your bf has been gone and what do you do to stay busy??

Miglena
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 6:41 PM
I think I wouldn't mind if my hubby traveled for work we don't spend a lot of time doing things 2gether as it is and I avoid him to prevent having conversations that could lead to arguments . Plus I found out I miss him terribly when he's not around cant think a negative thing about him but its all different when we r 2gether. I believe he feels like that too he always sends me sweet texts when we r apart but we irritate each other so much in person
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM
No sorry!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)