Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I made 18 freezer meals for $90!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

That's $5.00 a meal! And all I have to do is defrost, then bake, crock, or microwave. They are ready to go. Prep is done. It took 6 hours on Monday and here is what I made...

Chicken Enchiladas - 2

Lasagna - 3

Sweet N Sour Chicken - 2

Chicken Pot Pies - 3

Spaghetti - 2

Sloppy Joe's - 2

Goulosh - 2

Shredded Pork - 2

by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommypoppins999
by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome I'm trying to do that too as well as canning
funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Awesome! I need to start doung that. It would definitely make dinner time easier. Do you freeze them in ziplocs?
working-girl
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:51 PM

Ziplock or Aluminum tins.

Quoting funmommy123: Awesome! I need to start doung that. It would definitely make dinner time easier. Do you freeze them in ziplocs?

taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Awesome!  I pinned something that tells you how much to chop up for over a month's worth of meals.
I want to try it but I don't love crock pot meals most times.

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Okay. I'm going to do that, so on days I don't want to cook, I can just bring something down from the freezer :)

Quoting working-girl:

Quoting funmommy123: Awesome! I need to start doung that. It would definitely make dinner time easier. Do you freeze them in ziplocs?

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I do that on occasion.  Making meal time easier when I don't have time to cook something decent.  I can pull something from the freezer pre made from scratch.  It will be thawed and ready to heat up the next day.

working-girl
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:01 AM

The trick is using the same base for several meals. For example... the hamburger mixture in the sloppy joe, lasagna, spag, and goulash is the same. I used ground beef, green peppers, onions and shredded carrots (no carrots in the lasagna - I separated the meat before i added the carrots!). I just used a different sauce/seasoning for all =) 

For the chicken dishes I simply bought bone in on sale and boiled it, shredded it, and mixed it =) 

This morning I set my lasagna out on the stove to defrost while I was at work and had SS preheat the oven so I could pop it in right when I got home =) threw together some buiscuits to have with it and it was Yummms... =)

Quoting funmommy123: Okay. I'm going to do that, so on days I don't want to cook, I can just bring something down from the freezer :)

Quoting working-girl:

working-girl
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:02 AM

ONly one of mine is a crock meal. The rest I just defrost and put in the oven for about 35 minutes.

Quoting taKENheart:

Awesome!  I pinned something that tells you how much to chop up for over a month's worth of meals.

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Thanks!!!! See I never even thpught to do that. This would definitely save me money on groceries! Do you know how long the meals can be in the freezer?

Quoting working-girl:

The trick is using the same base for several meals. For example... the hamburger mixture in the sloppy joe, lasagna, spag, and goulash is the same. I used ground beef, green peppers, onions and shredded carrots (no carrots in the lasagna - I separated the meat before i added the carrots!). I just used a different sauce/seasoning for all =) 

For the chicken dishes I simply bought bone in on sale and boiled it, shredded it, and mixed it =) 

This morning I set my lasagna out on the stove to defrost while I was at work and had SS preheat the oven so I could pop it in right when I got home =) threw together some buiscuits to have with it and it was Yummms... =)

Quoting funmommy123: Okay. I'm going to do that, so on days I don't want to cook, I can just bring something down from the freezer :)

Quoting working-girl:

taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 15, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Awesome!!!

Quoting working-girl:

ONly one of mine is a crock meal. The rest I just defrost and put in the oven for about 35 minutes.

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)