Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you or your family had flu this winter? Did you get the flu shot?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:47 AM
  • 234 Replies

I always wonder if someone has the flu if they had gotten the shot. I wonder how effective the shot is this year, has anyone heard?

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 9:59 AM

We did not get flu shots this year. My sister and I had H1N1 at Christmas and dh has some type of flu right now. The kids have a tummy bug but no respiratory flu so far. I have several friends that did get flu shots this year and still got the flu. 

MaryLu86
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM
2 moms liked this
No and no
withsecond
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this
I have never had the flu after getting the shot.
We decided against them this year. Hopefully we stay healthy.
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My mom got the shot a couple of months ago and had to call in to work for a week about 2 weeks ago.  She never went to the doc, but it sounded exactly like the flu.  Though, she'll argue until her dying day that it was the flu! :)  

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

They're talking about this on the Today Show right now.....of course, they're saying, "It's not the shot's fault people are still getting the flu" (basically, I didn't hear exactly what she said).

I've gotten the flu shot twice, both times, I got the flu. I'm 28 years old...those two times are the ONLY times I've ever had it...lol. So, I don't get the shot, my kids don't either.

Why123
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I have not had the flu because I have had a flu shot.

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this
No flu, no shots..
LoveMyBug2013
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

We have all had the shot (only the first one for DS, we opted out of the booster); knock on wood no one has had the flu. 

Luke8212013
by Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I got the flu shot, work in a hospital and take care of people that have the flu and I have not gotten sick at all. Every year I get the flu shot and have never had it.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 3:15 PM

Oh no! I am sorry to hear about so much illness!  I hope your sister, husband, and little ones feel much better soon. And this is a shame that your friends got the shots and still go the flu!

Quoting momtoBrenna:

We did not get flu shots this year. My sister and I had H1N1 at Christmas and dh has some type of flu right now. The kids have a tummy bug but no respiratory flu so far. I have several friends that did get flu shots this year and still got the flu. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)