Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you make your children eat at the dinner table?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just reading an article about how kids who consistantly eat dinner at the dining table, and kids who are allowed to serve themselves, are actually slimmer and that the learn to only eat until they are full.

What do you think about these findings?

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
gregheather
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 9:24 AM

We don't eat at the table either - food is dished up in the kitchen and eaten in the living room.

It probably doesn't help that there is an entire Lego village on our dining room table.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:11 PM

We eat dinner at the dining room table, most of the time (barring late events, etc).

I serve the children, however I have NEVER forced them to eat more than they're comfortable eating, and they know that (none of them push themselves).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

AmyG1976
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:55 PM

idk we only eat at the dinner table no one is overweight but I usually plate up the food then they can get more if they want to and they dont have to finish what I give them.  Study prob is correct though if you sit and eat in frt of a tv your prob going to snack more or everytime your at the tv, computer ect...

Mishy2
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:18 PM

We eat at the dinner table. I like how it allows us some time in the day to all be together and to talk. I enjoy the family time.

TrueTrophyWife
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:52 PM

We eat at the table or around the coffee table.  Always together though.  My kids are healthy weight so no worries.

Heisenberg
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:53 PM

We eat all meals and snacks at the table. I believe the statistics sound on target. Also makes for cleaner carpet. ;)

falconchick9
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:58 PM
My child isn't old enough yet. When she is old enough she will eat at the table
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:56 PM

My kids eat at the table with the whole family at every meal. They are not forced to finish their food. 

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 7:10 PM
We eat dinner as a family every nite.
letstalk747
by Joy on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:26 PM

dont believe it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)