Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vitamins NOT Working!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:39 AM
  • 14 Replies
I started taking a daily multivitamin about a year ago to help with my energy levels. I haven't really noticed a difference though. I was wondering if I should just switch to vitamin B-complex vitamins. Would that help?
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Which type are you taking?  Are you maintaining a healthy diet as well?  A vitamin alone can not fix energy levels but I would talk to your doctor about adding more vit B.

LuvmyAiden
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Stop taking vitamins and start eating right. Getting the things you need from real food is always better than vitamins that may or may not even be getting digested properly.

BoopBettyBoop
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:54 PM

A vitamin can help you feel better because if it is the right one it will help you body utilize the vitamins and minerals that you are taking.  The majority of the vitamins and supplements on the market today don't help because the nutrients crystalize before they are able to be absorbed.  I have started taking some vitamins about a week ago and I have noticed a difference, I am becoming more of a morning person and do not feel as run down in the afternoon.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:35 PM
NatureMade Multi For Her. My diet is as healthy as I can afford. :/ I eat fresh fruit, steamed veggies every day. Rarely fry things. Usually, I bake meat. Mostly chicken. When I eat ground beef it's either in a meat sauce for pasta or I make tacos. I only drink water and fruit juice such as V8 V-Fusion, orange juice and cranberry juice. I know I don't get enough servings of fruits and veggies though. They're just too expensive.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Which type are you taking?  Are you maintaining a healthy diet as well?  A vitamin alone can not fix energy levels but I would talk to your doctor about adding more vit B.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I feel run down all day. From the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep.

Quoting BoopBettyBoop:

A vitamin can help you feel better because if it is the right one it will help you body utilize the vitamins and minerals that you are taking.  The majority of the vitamins and supplements on the market today don't help because the nutrients crystalize before they are able to be absorbed.  I have started taking some vitamins about a week ago and I have noticed a difference, I am becoming more of a morning person and do not feel as run down in the afternoon.

_Meg_
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:54 PM

Have you discussed any of this with a doctor? Have your thyroid checked. And hormone and vitamin levels. 

B12 is great for lifting energy, BUT it's possible to take too much and make yourself sick. I suggest seeking professional care from a doctor or nurse or practitioner first, to rule out the CAUSE of your lack of energy. 

I was feeling extremely run-down for years, very fatigued. Tried different vitamins (I had deficiencies in so many) and had all kinds of testing done. My cause was Graves disease that caused hypothyroidism, and also Celiac disease. Both are auto-immune diseases and fatigue is a main symptom of both (as well as other autoimmune diseases and vitamin deficiences). Got both under control and now I feel better than I have in YEARS. Vit levels are up, no more fatigue, etc. 

JEC14
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Have you had your iron checked? I was anemic and was so tired. I started taking floradix and worked like a charm.

But I would see a doctor for lab tests.
storkradio193
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:59 PM

You might want to see a doctor if you think certain nutrients are low in your body, as there are a number that can effect energy levels (i.e. vitamin D for example).

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Try B12 and more protein less carbs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:04 PM
I went a year ago. All she metioned was taking a Vitamin D supplement. :/ I've had other things going on such as dizziness and severe chest pains but they haven't found anything wrong.

Quoting _Meg_:

Have you discussed any of this with a doctor? Have your thyroid checked. And hormone and vitamin levels. 

B12 is great for lifting energy, BUT it's possible to take too much and make yourself sick. I suggest seeking professional care from a doctor or nurse or practitioner first, to rule out the CAUSE of your lack of energy. 

I was feeling extremely run-down for years, very fatigued. Tried different vitamins (I had deficiencies in so many) and had all kinds of testing done. My cause was Graves disease that caused hypothyroidism, and also Celiac disease. Both are auto-immune diseases and fatigue is a main symptom of both (as well as other autoimmune diseases and vitamin deficiences). Got both under control and now I feel better than I have in YEARS. Vit levels are up, no more fatigue, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)