Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working moms who go to school..

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 0 Replies
1 mom liked this

I work a full time job with a set schedule (8:30-5 M-F), I have a 15 month old and 6 yr old. I want nothing more right now than to go to school.  I am 26 and never went to college after high school. I feel like I never had the support and encouragement from my family, as a result it just didn't seem like an option in my mind.

I opted to go to a vocational technical school( for Cosmetology) in high school. I took my mandatory classes for High school half the day and went to the Votech the other half.  By doing this I missed out on a lot of classes that would have been beneficial to being a college student.  I was also screwed out of even taking my state boards for my cosmetology license. The year I completed all of my hours, they changed the requirements and techniques for the state board test. I would have had to do further schooling where I should have already had the knowledge and hours to take my state boards.

Right now I am glad I didn't put the effort into it. Even though I was great at it, it was not for me. I am trying to picture what I would enjoy going to school for  and end up doing the rest of my life.

I also have no idea how I am going to balance 2 kids, a full time job, and school.  Any advice from you ladies would be greatly appreciated.  Have any of you gone to school while balancing a job & kids without missing them growing up? Was it worth it for you in the end? Any tips?

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)