Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

divorce ? for anyone that knows or been in one

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM
  • 2 Replies

long story short me and my x was married 13 yrs getting a divorce been separated over a year have 3 beautiful children that we share custody of together are own choice we set up our own times we agree on everything we never fight er are basically still best friends just not in love and cant live with each other.. we both  moved on kids have adjust well and we support our children together financially we split the cost of everything with no fights.. Well we finally want to file our divorce and make it official as i said we have both moved on.. but we dont want our children in the divorce we dont want our kids in the child support system we dont want to make on pay and we dont want the judge to tell when one gets the kids and who doesn't.. we just want a simple divorce we have no property to separate or anything we have no debt or what not we just want a divorce.. So can we do that without all the fight with the kids and child support and what not.. 

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Sound very much like me and my ex dh.

When we got divorced, we wanted the same thing and pretty much got it but on paper it had to be worded the normal way. In ours, CS was set but never enforced as I never wanted it. He was never in trouble and the judge knew of our arrangement. I had it put in that he was to be my babysitter while I worked too. Visitation was set as well but we always just did our own thing anyway. Point is, talk to a lawyer, have it all laid out, taken care of and then when done, do your own thing. The only issues that arise are when one party makes it an issue and contacts a lawyer or takes it all back to court for contempt, but if you guys are good and have no probs, then it will work. It did for us. We divorced when my son was 5. He is now 19. He still will go to his dads every other weekend, lol. We split the cost of everything along the way too. From school clothes to fees to driving school! I alwys carried health ins and ex carried him on cell plan and then on car ins. It worked well for us.

lesalmi
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Go to your states gov website and file for a joint dissolution with children. If you agree on everything you have to include it all in there and you don't have to go before a judge
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)