Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

nervous and scared UPDATE.. update 2

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:14 PM
  • 41 Replies
Im going to the GI doc tomorrow to find out why I look 9 mths prrgnant even tho there is NO possible way. Mu hubby thinks its a blocked intestine, my mom thinks its a hernia and my friend thinks its a tumor. My mind is racing witn what it could be and driving me nuts. Im petrified. I hope what ever it is its a easy fix and I can go about my business and try losing weight again. As ling as whatever is in my stomach, I cant bend over and it hurts so working out right now is impossible. Good thougjts please. I need reassuring words....

Update:
Well lots of things crossed the docs mind. Biggest one was celiac disease. Getting a ultra sound done and then a upper endoscopy. Hopefully they kind figure it out.

Just got done with the upper endoscopy. 9 pics and 9 biopsies later, will know in 5 days what was found amd where we go from here.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I sure hope your check up goes well and it's not any of those things :(
I had to have an upper GI and basically my stomach was inflamed and I had bad acid reflux/heartburn.
Good luck on your appointment!  Keep us updated!

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Ive had allot of heartburn lately. My upper stomach is rock hard. I hope its none of those things either... Im so miserable nothing helps. What did they do for u?

Quoting taKENheart:

I had to have an upper GI and basically my stomach was inflamed and I had bad acid reflux/heartburn.

jenib360
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck to you!! I hope whatever it is, its an easy fix!!!! Keep me, i would say us but im the first reply, posted!!!! Good lick again!
EninJenniLouis
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh, that sounds awful! Good luck!
jenib360
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck*! Not lick! Stupid phone!!!
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Its ok, my phone sucks too haha thank u..

Quoting jenib360: Good luck*! Not lick! Stupid phone!!!
taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:36 PM

Have you found that you can't eat regular portioned meals? 
I had that trouble along with the severe heartburn.
I was basically given prilosec daily and told to not drink any alcohol at all or to have spicy food.  I find that as long as I stay away from those things that my heartburn isn't bad and eventually I got to only two heartburn pills a week for awhile.  My stomach lining needed to heal and get the inflammation healed.  The stomach acids were eating me up.
We may not have had the same trouble but it's very possible that it could be similar because of the heartburn. 
I hope you get good news and easy things for treatment!

IF you have to get an upper GI then please don't worry about it.  It is really painless and you wake up soon after.  I was scared simply because the doctor made a joke about using the stuff they said killed Michael Jackson!...I couldn't believe he did that!  It went well and there were no problems.
I hope everything goes well for you. 

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Ive had allot of heartburn lately. My upper stomach is rock hard. I hope its none of those things either... Im so miserable nothing helps. What did they do for u?

Quoting taKENheart:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. I just hope that we can at least get a plan to find out what is even going on tomorrow. Its my first apt. I dont want to be going back n fortb to figure it out. Id like to have it raken care of asap. thank you for replying and the kind words. Im just freaked out.

Quoting taKENheart:

I was basically given prilosec daily and told to not drink any alcohol at all or to have spicy food.  I find that as long as I stay away from those things that my heartburn isn't bad and eventually I got to only two heartburn pills a week for awhile.  My stomach lining needed to heal and get the inflammation healed.  The stomach acids were eating me up.
We may not have had the same trouble but it's very possible that it could be similar because of the heartburn. 

IF you have to get an upper GI then please don't worry about it.  It is really painless and you wake up soon after.  I was scared simply because the doctor made a joke about using the stuff they said killed Michael Jackson!...I couldn't believe he did that!  It went well and there were no problems.

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Ive had allot of heartburn lately. My upper stomach is rock hard. I hope its none of those things either... Im so miserable nothing helps. What did they do for u?

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Be prepared mentally that they will want to do an upper GI on you.  If your stomach is protruding like you say then they will want to check that out.  I also got an internal sonogram and they found a cyst that wasn't causing me any pain. 

Again, good luck to you and I hope everything will be ok with your.  Hopefully you'll just need something to control that stomach acid.

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Thanks. I just hope that we can at least get a plan to find out what is even going on tomorrow. Its my first apt. I dont want to be going back n fortb to figure it out. Id like to have it raken care of asap. thank you for replying and the kind words. Im just freaked out.

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting taKENheart:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Will they do that on my first apt? Or would they schedule one? Its just me going to my apt I have no support and hubby dont have days to take off.

Quoting taKENheart:

Be prepared mentally that they will want to do an upper GI on you.  If your stomach is protruding like you say then they will want to check that out.  I also got an internal sonogram and they found a cyst that wasn't causing me any pain. 

Again, good luck to you and I hope everything will be ok with your.  Hopefully you'll just need something to control that stomach acid.

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Thanks. I just hope that we can at least get a plan to find out what is even going on tomorrow. Its my first apt. I dont want to be going back n fortb to figure it out. Id like to have it raken care of asap. thank you for replying and the kind words. Im just freaked out.

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)