Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

xbox question

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

I bought 2 controllers for ds' Xbox, but now I cant figure out how 2 players on the same xbox can play multiplayer, without forking out more money for a 2nd Xbox live membership. I set up the little character for the second controller, but it wont let it play without more money plunked down.

by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kerriebear88
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Try going through guest account
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Hubby says log in under the xbox live account and they are player 1. Player 2 is just a guest player. Hope it works.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Hubby says log in under the xbox live account and they are player 1. Player 2 is just a guest player. Hope it works.
ThatSmittyGirl
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:42 PM

There is a guest account. Don't log it in.

Go into the game, then there should be an option to click "guest" instead of a username. That's how it is on Call of Duty and a bunch of other games...

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Yes one is the guest player .. hope that works :)

gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 6:18 AM

thank you everyone. Ill check that out today

gsmom9
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 2:30 PM

I cant find a guest player anywhere on there. I wonder if its just Minecraft that wont let a guest play or what. there is a multiplayer button( or whatever that is called), but nothing about guest, just players from another xbox console membership.

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 2:48 PM
We don't have live and even specifically keep our 360 off of the internet but have no problems playing Minecraft 2-player. All we have to do is turn the second controller on while a one-player game is going.

Quoting gsmom9:

I cant find a guest player anywhere on there. I wonder if its just Minecraft that wont let a guest play or what. there is a multiplayer button( or whatever that is called), but nothing about guest, just players from another xbox console membership.

SilverFire85
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 3:11 PM
I'm not sure how the console version works, but the PC version of Minecraft needs its own account for each person playing. So if 2 people want to play together, then each one needs their own Minecraft account.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)