Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Babies first haircut

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:53 PM
  • 21 Replies

Well I wish! I just can't part with it! Everyone says its a mullet I don't think it is lol

When did you give your DS or even DD their first hair cut?

Feel free to post a pic of their cute baby hair or their first haircut too :)
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Her first haircut by me turned into a mullet  LOL.  It was not the greatest but i was only trying to get the hair out of her eyes.   Your baby boy has one but that is ok.  This age it is much more cute than an adult with the hairstyle.  She got her first haircut about a year old.  Her first professional hair cut when she was 4.

ShiylahsMommy
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Awww lol.

Everyone says I should cut it but I just can't do it

I thought more people would comment... cm has been so lame lately :\

Quoting frndlyfn:

Her first haircut by me turned into a mullet  LOL.  It was not the greatest but i was only trying to get the hair out of her eyes.   Your baby boy has one but that is ok.  This age it is much more cute than an adult with the hairstyle.  She got her first haircut about a year old.  Her first professional hair cut when she was 4.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Yes it has been.  I do not think maybe an inch off the back to even it out would be bad for him. 

Quoting ShiylahsMommy: Awww lol.

Everyone says I should cut it but I just can't do it

I thought more people would comment... cm has been so lame lately :\

Quoting frndlyfn:

bakerytreatz16
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Our 21 month old just had her first.

I was so upset I cried...

She got lice from her cousin.. Ok, fine. No big deal. Kids get lice..

Well....problem was the lice comb just keep ripping her hair out. No matter how much we tried to make sure it went through her hair easily, it didnt work. So we ended up cutting it to be able to get all the eggs/nuts out without having to contue yanking her hair out....

I miss her long hair...it was just getting long enough for pig tails and pony tails... She likes her new short hair though...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:49 PM

I understand that. I think I gave my first a hair cut around 18 months. It was just right in his eyes and looked bad. My daughter is 5 and has never had a hair cut. My youngest is too young.

I agree that he has a little mullet going on! lol 

ShiylahsMommy
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:51 PM
Awww oh no :( my 5 yo DD had lice & we have noo idea how it happened we think it was from this hat we bought it was horrible & she wasn't in school either....

It will grow back before you know it :)

Quoting bakerytreatz16: Our 21 month old just had her first.

I was so upset I cried...

She got lice from her cousin.. Ok, fine. No big deal. Kids get lice..

Well....problem was the lice comb just keep ripping her hair out. No matter how much we tried to make sure it went through her hair easily, it didnt work. So we ended up cutting it to be able to get all the eggs/nuts out without having to contue yanking her hair out....

I miss her long hair...it was just getting long enough for pig tails and pony tails... She likes her new short hair though...
ShiylahsMommy
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Omgosh! If my 5yo DD never had a haircut her hair would probably be way past her butt :P its in the middle of her back and we cut it during the summer

I guess he has a mullet lol if his hair was in his eyes I would def. Cut it but its short on top :P

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I understand that. I think I gave my first a hair cut around 18 months. It was just right in his eyes and looked bad. My daughter is 5 and has never had a hair cut. My youngest is too young.

maggiem321
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:55 PM
My DD is 15 months and her hair is out of control and she won't keep anything in it to make it look nice. I don't have the heart to cut it yet. We have major static electricity in our home and so most days it's standing on end haha. I say whatever, she's happy and she's here at home most of the time anyways.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Her hair is mid-butt range. lol It's going to get a trim soon. :(

Quoting ShiylahsMommy: Omgosh! If my 5yo DD never had a haircut her hair would probably be way past her butt :P its in the middle of her back and we cut it during the summer

I guess he has a mullet lol if his hair was in his eyes I would def. Cut it but its short on top :P

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 11:03 PM

My oldest was 2 1/2 before she got a hair cut because she really didn't have that much hair!  My youngest had a very small trim right after her first birthday.  It is still pretty thin so I'm not wanting to cut any length off. It is just past her shoulders at 18 months (when I comb it straight, it has a bit of a curl to it and bounces up when dry).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN