Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How to tell mama!

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

My fiance and I havent been togther long and he is 20 years older than me but I swear if you look up soulmates in the dictionary there is an 8x10 of us lol. He is my best friend and the absolute love of my life and we are expecting our first child together. I have a 4 year old from a previous marriage and he has no children so its his first. Our only problem is his mother. She isnt mean or anything to me, she is just kinda not wanting to believe I really exist and she clearly isnt very pro-me. But we are planning on marrying VERY SOON. My question is can anyone give me any suggestions or advice for on how and when to tell his mother? He isnt scared of her or anything, he just knows that she will be emotional and he isnt sure if it will come from the "I;m so excited your having a baby" end Or the "I CANT BELIEVE YOU KNOCKED up23 yr old black girl who has a 4 year old" end. They are pretty close so he is worried about hurting her. I personally want him to tell her soon because I havent been able to brag the way I want to about our new found happiness lol Thanks

This is us! <3

by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
triforcechick
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Define "haven't been together long". A few weeks? Months?
lunyuny
by on Jan. 19, 2014 at 8:20 PM
What does he come up with on how to tell her. Just say it. Thats my motto
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I would have him tell her at a luncheon or something.  Just the two of them.  Then the next visit you can go and take your child for a visit.  I am guessing she is in her 60s or older so a much different generation.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:02 PM

This!
Good luck and I hope she accepts it well.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would have him tell her at a luncheon or something.  Just the two of them.  Then the next visit you can go and take your child for a visit.  I am guessing she is in her 60s or older so a much different generation.

LilTymomma
by Member on Jan. 19, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Ask him if he wants to do it together or alone? And if together just say we're engaged. I'm sure he'll fill her in if he hasn't already about the details. Saying i'm pregnant and we're getting married might be a bit to handle. either way good luck. And sometimes its good to get to know someone before jumping into marriage, in my opinion. I've been with my fiance for 5 years and I feel I still have  alot to learn from him. Good Luck!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)