Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Three Year Old Masturbation

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM
  • 33 Replies
So I have a three year old who "masturbates". I'm using the word in quotes because she does it with her clothes on. She goes almost into a trance and squeezes her legs togther and uses her hands to push on her genitals outside of her clothing. She does this whenever she is tired or bored. She has been doing this since she was abou nine months old. She has never been hurt. I am always with her or my mom is. No one else has ever watched her. I thought this would have stopped by now. I'm afraid for her to start preschool and do this in front of other kids. Otherwise she is an active and normal three year old. How can I get her to stop? Or at least do this only in private? I''ve tried asking her to stop and telling her to do it it private and she says she has to do it. Thoughts?
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babie113
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM
it wont stop just teach her its a private thing .nothing wrong with it but its not appropriate in public .I started as a baby it never stopped
JoceyEl
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I dont know. But here is a bump!
AmandH0611
by Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Have you took her to a doctor? How are you so sure she is doing that? Maybe a infection of some sort bugging her?
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I would just tell her that we do that alone in our bedroom. When she does it, ask her to go to room if she is going to continue. Don't make a huge deal about it but tell her she needs to do that in her room. If you make a big deal about it, she will think its a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:43 PM
No idea. Good luck
korra2013
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Yeah i would take her to the doctor. It could be something with her urinary system
JrsMommy07
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:00 AM

MY four year old son has been doing the same for the last 6 months to fall asleep only it is inside his clothes and has gotten worse since he had his accident (he was hit by  a car and broke his leg) in NOV. I really dont know what to do either and he to has never been assaulted. I too want this to stop. I have talked to him and it seems to be getting better as of late. you are not alone I need some advice too

SissyAnn141
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:58 AM

Quoting JrsMommy07:

MY four year old son has been doing the same for the last 6 months to fall asleep only it is inside his clothes and has gotten worse since he had his accident (he was hit by  a car and broke his leg) in NOV. I really dont know what to do either and he to has never been assaulted. I too want this to stop. I have talked to him and it seems to be getting better as of late. you are not alone I need some advice too

I would tell his Doctor, on the next "WELL VISIT".

SissyAnn141
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:01 AM

Quoting Mommy4-27-08: I would just tell her that we do that alone in our bedroom. When she does it, ask her to go to room if she is going to continue. Don't make a huge deal about it but tell her she needs to do that in her room. If you make a big deal about it, she will think its a big deal.

I do agree, Do not make a big deal of it...

AT your next "WELL VISIT".

I would mention it.

Lauras23
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM
4 moms liked this
There is nothing wrong with her urinary tract LOL. I was a preschool teacher and saw this with a few if the children, at nap time especially.... Yes, just keep in her about doing it in private only :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)