Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Effing P-O'D! Update!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:25 AM
  • 12 Replies
Ok, so there are two issues with our apartment that we've been waiting to get fixed since we moved in. Waiting for new racks for the dishwasher isn't too much of a hassle, but the fact that only THREE outlets in this whole place will hold a plug is ridiculous...and still have not been fixed. (We moved in December 13th.)

Now, on top of that, we can add the fiasco from tonight, and if this stuff is not fixed in a timely manner, they're going to REALLY PISS ME OFF. I'm 30 weeks pregnant (tomorrow), and the stress sucks ass.

Anyway, I was going to bake apple cinnamon bread tonight, but the oven said "NOPE!" I went to turn it on, and it emitted a loud buzzing sound, flashed a bright light, and shot sparks across the kitchen. I promptly turned it off, and Buddy came to investigate (after opening the front door and placing a fan in the window for ventilation from the nasty smelling smoke).

Yeah, it's fried, and the damn thing flipped the breaker, too...so now we don't have hot water, either. Grrrr. Maintenance better get on the fricken ball. :-/

Update: Maintenance just left. Of course they couldn't do anything today because it's almost five, BUT they did show up. They are going to fix the stove, dish washer, and the "top priority" outlets that we use most often. (To do them all would take all day, so they'll come back gradually for the rest.)

Anyway, the water was hot again by this afternoon, so that's been taken care of. Here's hoping there are no other hiccups. :-/
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommytoaangel
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Thanks.

Quoting Mommytoaangel: Hugs
lunyuny
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Get it all down. I would not be paying rent until all issues fixed. Thats ridiculous. Glad your ok
Mommytoaangel
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome

Quoting Red_Tempest: Thanks.

Quoting Mommytoaangel: Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:16 AM
We have records of the requests, and me, too. When the stove started sparking it scared the crap out of me, lol.

Quoting lunyuny: Get it all down. I would not be paying rent until all issues fixed. Thats ridiculous. Glad your ok
catlover792
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Quoting Red_Tempest: We have records of the requests, and me, too. When the stove started sparking it scared the crap out of me, lol.

Quoting lunyuny: Get it all down. I would not be paying rent until all issues fixed. Thats ridiculous. Glad your ok

Legally, you must pay rent.

You can be nice about it or be a bitch .

Please fix these things or we will need to move.

Be assertive, and a "NICE BITCH" laughing.

Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Legally,I know there's a way to put the money into a "holding" (can't remember the exact term) account until the problems are fixed, but we don't want to have to take that route. I'm past being a "nice bitch", lol, and I'm heading toward "mean bitch" if this isn't fixed quickly.

Quoting catlover792:

Quoting Red_Tempest: We have records of the requests, and me, too. When the stove started sparking it scared the crap out of me, lol.

Legally, you must pay rent.

You can be nice about it or be a bitch .

Please fix these things or we will need to move.

Be assertive, and a "NICE BITCH" laughing.

Mrs.MikeC
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM
I'd keep a log with recorded conversations, pictures, dates and times. Just in case this gets nasty.
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
We are. My boyfriend talked to the manager this morning and was told, "Maintenance will get to it when they get to it." Yeah, doesn't sound promising at all. See, I'm ok with baby steps, but the stove needs to be replaced NOW. The rest can happen gradually (I know the outlets will probably take a while), but the rest is easy, and the stove itself is kind of an "urgent" issue. :-/

Quoting Mrs.MikeC: I'd keep a log with recorded conversations, pictures, dates and times. Just in case this gets nasty.
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Jan. 21, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Bump for update!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)