Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

To NOT put our boys in Football this young, 7 and 5. DH's boss and the salesman where he works are MAD because they're both football coaches and have been begging us to put them in.

They're already in sports from February-October, plus school. I just don't think adding a third sport on top of it all will benefit them at all. We didn't sign them up for basketball for the same reason, it's just there wasn't as much pressure to get them started in that sport. I keep hearing "Colton would make an amazing kicker and Keaton is built like a line backer, their futures will be set if you make them play!" I would never MAKE them play anything, but they kind of want to do football, but when asked which sport they wanted to give up because time is a huge factor, both of them said they would rather not play football than give up soccer or baseball.

What do you say? Do your kids play sports? Our boys have been in soccer since two and picked up baseball last summer.

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Replies (61-61):
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Jan. 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

My 5 year old is the same way as yours, lol. But he wants to do it because his brother is too. It's like, "I don't really WANT to, but if I'm going to have to be there anyway, I might as well play."

Quoting withsecond: My oldest played football for three years and gave it up. He hated going to practices and games. Now he just goes to the gym.
My 5 and 4 year olds aren't in any yet. My 5 year old isn't into sports. He's more an art or music club kind of kid. My 4 year old will definitely be into sports next year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN