Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

does this make me horrible?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 5 Replies
So long story short my father in law is wanting to borrow my car and I don't approve of him using our vehicles....here is my reasons why: one he doesn't work therefore if he wrecked it he wouldn't pay the deductible, two he doesn't see or hear well at all, three I have home daycare and have2 kids in school if for whatever reason I needed to drive to the .ER OR GET MY KIDS FROM SCHOOL I need my car here is(sorry about caps) I would give anyone the shirt off my back so I feel bad not helping him by allowing him to drive it but I have to look after us first! How would you word it to your relative that you weren't ok with them driving your car? .si far today I've just dodged calls because I don't want to sound mean!!!
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Just tell him you don't loan your car out. I wouldn't let other people drive my car around unless it was an emergency or a special situation.

Outspoken.Mime
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Just say no.  Its your car.  You are under no obligation to give something to someone just because they ask for it.

I would simply say I don't lend my car out to anyone.  He doesn't need more explanation than that.  If you feel like you must give it....well then tell him the truth, you need it as its your only means of transportation for the kids.

my.sonshine
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Just tell him what you told us. You need it for your own purposes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Just tell him no!
momof3boys14
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
He ended up walking down here....he lives on the road behind us. He said I need to borrow your car and I said well we aren't letting anyone else drive our vehicles because it's all we have to get back and forth and if they get wrecked we need to be the one to do it not someone else. I felt terrible but he seriously has no business driving with his eyesight as bad as it is....he has glasses but doesn't like wearing them. So it's done I did it!!! I know it sounds easy but I hate confrontation of any kind so it was very hard!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)